AFL Games: 4
AFL Average: 43
AFL Scores: 43, 35, 41, 45

NEAFL Games: 11
NEAFL Average: 93
NEAFL Average Hit Outs: 39
NEAFL Scores:
99, 95, 92, 122, 85, 120, 79, 72, 75, 100, 91

Summary: Longer will be a gun. He has dominated the NEAFL, averaging 39 hit outs in the NEAFL and having over 40 hit outs 5 times. The pick 8 will live up to his name, but not for another two or three years.

Verdict: Has a tempting price tag. May be a good ruck 3. Will have to be named round 1 though.

Richos Predicted Average: 65-70

News:
-http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorn-eyes-exciting-brisbane-ruckman-billy-longer/story-fn69a32t-1226731725468
-http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawks-set-to-meet-lion-longer-20130925-2uevw.html
-http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/lions-go-hard-in-hawks-trade-off/story-fnca0u4y-1226733861019
-http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-07/longer-picks-hawks

Ricochet

A lot of cheap ruckmen around next year. Will be interesting if he goes to Hawks

SydneyRox

Wont be on my fantasy radar next year no matter where he lands.

henry

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 07, 2013, 12:10:07 PM
Wont be on my fantasy radar next year no matter where he lands.
same here, rucks always take a while to develop (longer than mids especially) and so take a few years to become premiuk quality. Although he is pretty cheap is also a pretty awkward price, don't want to start him and probably too expensive for r3. Pass for me, but hope the hawks pick him up  :)

nrich102

nrich102

Was bored, so took a look at the NEAFL GF stats, THIS GUY HAD 58 HIT OUTS  :o

pommyadam

should actually get pretty good game time now he's joined the saints (given McEvoy's defection)
worthy option, but is he better than the likes of Sandi as R2?

Ziplock

Quote from: pommyadam on November 09, 2013, 07:22:17 PM
should actually get pretty good game time now he's joined the saints (given McEvoy's defection)
worthy option, but is he better than the likes of Sandi as R2?

he's still competing with hickey though

pommyadam

i'd be fairly confident that Longer wouldn't have joined if he wouldn't be first-choice ruckman
possibly Hickey playing backup ruck (ie resting up forward and giving rucking when Longer needs a breather - see Cox/NicNat but much worse DT wise)

basically it's him vs Sandi for me
unfortunately, i'm leaning toward the (injury prone) past premo

but may be a decent cash cow if you're going with cheaper rucks (ie a risky line of HMac, Sandi, Longer, Rook)

nrich102

Quote from: pommyadam on November 10, 2013, 09:09:53 PM
i'd be fairly confident that Longer wouldn't have joined if he wouldn't be first-choice ruckman
possibly Hickey playing backup ruck (ie resting up forward and giving rucking when Longer needs a breather - see Cox/NicNat but much worse DT wise)

but may be a decent cash cow if you're going with cheaper rucks (ie a risky line of HMac, Sandi, Longer, Rook)
He (Sandi) smashed it in the finals. Wouldn't quite call him a past premo yet ;)

Ricochet

Yep exactly, just took a while for the big man to get going. Hopefully he has a full preseason so he starts off with a bang

stew42

Quote from: nrich102 on November 10, 2013, 09:42:45 PM

He (Sandi) smashed it in the finals. Wouldn't quite call him a past premo yet ;)
I wouldn't say "smashing". He got 77 and 79 in the two games he played in finals. Highest score in 2013 (including finals) was 80.

Adamant

Quote from: stew42 on November 11, 2013, 12:48:05 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on November 10, 2013, 09:42:45 PM

I wouldn't say "smashing". He got 77 and 79 in the two games he played in finals. Highest score in 2013 (including finals) was 80.

I think he means Sandi smashed it footy-wise. He was huge for us in the finals, just didn't really convert it to DT scoring.

His SC scores in the finals were 112, 105 and 125. Will be hard to go past him if he is fit and firing in the pre-season.

stew42

Dis be DT bro  ;)
Also found that he played the majority of games forward (http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/year.php?firstname=Aaron&surname=Sandilands&year=2013) Not sure whether that was because of niggling injuries, but the big thing is the possibility of Sandi not being Freo's R1 in 2014, even when fully fit.

Adamant

I was just using his SC scores to show you that he was actually smashing it real footy-wise, but didn't light it up in DT.