SC 2014 Profile: Tom Rockliff

Started by specky92, October 05, 2013, 08:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

Quote from: JROO8 on December 20, 2013, 02:46:33 PM
Quote from: _wato on December 20, 2013, 02:25:04 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 20, 2013, 12:47:04 PM
Quote from: specky92 on December 20, 2013, 11:31:52 AM
It's out of him and Watson for me and I think Watson's a bit safer but he'll be in my team at the end if the season,

Very good chance to go Elite this season IMO

Same dilemma I'm facing. Would love to fit both but it's one or he other. Was thinking rocky as a POD but by the sounds of things Watson would be more of a POD anyway  :o everyone has rocky

Same position fellas, who do we go? Might start a thread
Me too, when picking my fan planner side I couldn't decide between these two for M3.
Maybe I'll do an article on this later.

That would be awesome if you did that mate. Otherwise I'll start up a simple thread and get people's thoughts.
One side you have Rocky who we're all hoping will play full time in the midfield and then you have Jobe who is just a champion, but I have a bad feeling about the ongoing investigations with him and the football club. If we knew Rocky would play full time in mids he'd be a lock straight up but he has an extremely tough draw to start.

I'm thinking Jobe just, but somebody could make me think otherwise

Jroo

Quote from: _wato on December 20, 2013, 02:52:11 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on December 20, 2013, 02:46:33 PM
Quote from: _wato on December 20, 2013, 02:25:04 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 20, 2013, 12:47:04 PM
Quote from: specky92 on December 20, 2013, 11:31:52 AM
It's out of him and Watson for me and I think Watson's a bit safer but he'll be in my team at the end if the season,

Very good chance to go Elite this season IMO

Same dilemma I'm facing. Would love to fit both but it's one or he other. Was thinking rocky as a POD but by the sounds of things Watson would be more of a POD anyway  :o everyone has rocky

Same position fellas, who do we go? Might start a thread
Me too, when picking my fan planner side I couldn't decide between these two for M3.
Maybe I'll do an article on this later.

That would be awesome if you did that mate. Otherwise I'll start up a simple thread and get people's thoughts.
One side you have Rocky who we're all hoping will play full time in the midfield and then you have Jobe who is just a champion, but I have a bad feeling about the ongoing investigations with him and the football club. If we knew Rocky would play full time in mids he'd be a lock straight up but he has an extremely tough draw to start.

I'm thinking Jobe just, but somebody could make me think otherwise
I might get on to it later along with a few other 'match-ups'. You can still make a thread if you want.
In my fan planner I picked Rocky over Watson, but I'm not 100%.

_wato

Alright mate, will see what I can do.

Yeah, I'm not either. Very tough decision.

Ricochet

Rockliff averaged 128 from Round 15 when he was moved into the midfield permanently.
No discussion needed, No thread needed. Rocky a clear choice ;)

Vinny

_wato

Yeah Vin and Rico, did score well but the opposition on many occasions wasn't that decent.

Being picky but 128 v Melbourne, 166 v St Kilda, 153 v Western Bulldogs inflated that average.

Start of next year he plays Hawthorn, Geelong, Gold Coast, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St K, Sydney, Essendon, North before his bye which is tough, could get tagged as he is underrated but beginning to be noticed.

Edit: Looked at his 2011 scores and he was a beast then while playing through the mids, average 113.5 in just his third year of footy. Lock and load, you boys are right.

theta

Quote from: vinny on December 20, 2013, 03:05:23 PM

Rocky 8)

Playing...

GCS
NM
MELB
PORT
STK
RICH
GWS
WBD   
GEEL

Of the nine games it included the 5 bottom sides and a lazy-last-round cats, so the 128 ave might be a little inflated given the competition and the time of the season.

He will still kick ass this year, but I'm staying away because:
1.  He will be in a weaker team with less protection
2.  He will no-doubt be tagged more than he has ever before.

Can he handle it?  Maybe.  IMO he'll improve, but not as much as we think.

112-115

Ricochet

Of those...
147 against North
126 against Richmond
117 against Geelong
111 against Port

lol hardly poor scores against good teams

Vinny

Weaker team? Dont think the Lions even lost any best 22 players yet they gained Aish. Dont see how it is a weaker team.

Lazy-last round Cats? Really, haha.

Rich gets tagged before him.

He is a gun.

redfield

Quote from: theta on December 20, 2013, 03:28:27 PM
Quote from: vinny on December 20, 2013, 03:05:23 PM

Rocky 8)

Playing...

GCS
NM
MELB
PORT
STK
RICH
GWS
WBD   
GEEL

Of the nine games it included the 5 bottom sides and a lazy-last-round cats, so the 128 ave might be a little inflated given the competition and the time of the season.

He will still kick ass this year, but I'm staying away because:
1.  He will be in a weaker team with less protection
2.  He will no-doubt be tagged more than he has ever before.

Can he handle it?  Maybe.  IMO he'll improve, but not as much as we think.

112-115

That's true but his lower scores earlier in the year would have been much higher had he been in the midfield full time and I question that you can really assert that his scores were all against poor teams. In addition to what Ricochet pointed out, at that time of the year, the Dogs were also playing some pretty competitive football, the quality of which was well above their ladder position.

theta

Quote from: Ricochet on December 20, 2013, 03:34:22 PM
Of those...
147 against North
126 against Richmond
117 against Geelong
111 against Port

lol hardly poor scores against good teams
North - awesome
Richmond - Great
Port - his average for the year.
Geelong - last game of season, they were lazy.

The 128 isnt what it seems...jus sayin.

Ringo

Theta Rocky will never get the No 1 tag at Brisbane that will always go to Rich.  Rocky or Hanley will attract the second tag this year but with the extra pace he appears to have gained he may be able to burn off tags.

Agree that Brisbane have a hard draw but as a team they will want to show something this year and i am tipping Rocky to be the leader of that charge.  Bear in mind the players that left with the exception of Longer were not guaranteed places in Brisbanes 22 so there will be minimal changes from our final team from last year.

theta

Quote from: Ringo on December 20, 2013, 03:41:47 PM
Theta Rocky will never get the No 1 tag at Brisbane that will always go to Rich.  Rocky or Hanley will attract the second tag this year but with the extra pace he appears to have gained he may be able to burn off tags.

Agree that Brisbane have a hard draw but as a team they will want to show something this year and i am tipping Rocky to be the leader of that charge.  Bear in mind the players that left with the exception of Longer were not guaranteed places in Brisbanes 22 so there will be minimal changes from our final team from last year.

Good to know. 

My personal opinion is I'd prefer Cochin or Libba this year for the same $. 

I've had rocky the last 4 years, this year I'm giving him a miss, but only just.

Dayze

Any concerns on Rockys back ringo? I know he is back at training but its a little worrying?

Ringo

Has  been doing the full contact drill training as well so no issues there as far as I could see.