Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2013, 04:30:56 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 16, 2013, 03:48:12 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2013, 02:31:00 PM
Pods looks headed to the Crows.

So leaving Victoria wasnt the thing.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at.

Viv Michie to Melbourne for pick 54. Done deal.
CONFIRMED:
Fremantle have traded young midfielder Viv Michie to Melbourne for Pick 54 in the national draft.

Poo le. Beat me by that much!

Dockers fans, does this seem fair to you guys???

valkorum

Seems a bit low to me - a pick in the 40's seemed right for me

elephants

Haha I was on it stew :P

Not a Freo fan but Viv >>>>>> pick 54.

Kid can really play but he hasn't done anything at AFL level yet, hence the average pick in exchange.

Nige

Viv was a pick 44 himself, has played one game and is 21 (although this has been due to injury). Could argue he's worth a bit more (by that I mean a higher pick) but I don't think it was going to be the case. Did win Peel's B&F this year too ftr.

valkorum

Thinking about it a bit more... maybe we should have gone for a pick upgrade as well. 

Freo
IN: Pick 48
OUT: Pick 54, Viv Michie

Melbourne
IN: Pick 54, Viv Michie
OUT: Pick 48

Purple 77

Once I heard the news about Michie, I thought I'd check to see how the Purple Army rated him, and so far it seems like its a good move from Melbourne  :D

Still, knowing Melbournes luck, Pick 54 will be a gun lol

valkorum

Michie will be a good player.  Very handy inside midfielder who won Peel's best and fairest this year from only 16 games.

Average per game:
Disposal: 25.5
Kicks: 15.2
Handballs: 10.3
Tackles: 3.6
Marks: 4.1
Goals: 0.5
FF: 2
FA: 1

Ricochet

He did do a knee not too long ago. Haven't seen a recent update on it though

valkorum

He was in good shape this year playing 16 out of 20 games, although he did miss the last 3 games of the season (and still won the B&F)

Ricochet

Quote from: valkorum on October 16, 2013, 07:44:44 PM
He was in good shape this year playing 16 out of 20 games, although he did miss the last 3 games of the season (and still won the B&F)
Yeh he did his knee and had surgery on it remember. Haven't seen an update since then

Ricochet

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 5m
Paperwork lodged with AFL. Fremantle exchange Viv Michie to Melbourne for its round four pick (currently number 54).

Mailman the 2nd

Its a shame because you're effectively losing him for free :/

valkorum

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 17, 2013, 02:33:54 PM

We are getting pick #54 - not quite free.  But we did draft him with pick #44 and he has played half a game in 2 years so the price is about right.  It's a shame because he has shown great potential.  If he can stay healthy then Melbourne have got themselves a great player

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: valkorum on October 17, 2013, 02:40:01 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 17, 2013, 02:33:54 PM

We are getting pick #54 - not quite free.  But we did draft him with pick #44 and he has played half a game in 2 years so the price is about right.  It's a shame because he has shown great potential.  If he can stay healthy then Melbourne have got themselves a great player

I mean pick 54 will turn into a pick in the early 60s, which is when clubs do rookie promotions, so I'd say getting an equal player from that is more or less improbable

Nige

Pick 60 last year was Mark Hutchings!  ;) ;D