Main Menu

Fremantle FC Trade Talk

Started by Ricochet, October 03, 2013, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Quote from: NigeyS on October 16, 2013, 11:35:36 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2013, 11:30:10 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 16, 2013, 11:23:48 AM
So, it looks all but official that Viv Michie will be a Demon in 2014.
Really?? where have you heard that from?
Herald Sun via AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News page on Facebook.

Like, I suppose it's not the most credible source, but it seems fairly likely.

Does it say what we got in return?

Ricochet

Quote from: valkorum on October 16, 2013, 11:55:13 AM
Herald Sun via AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News page on Facebook.

Pick 2 :p

Nige

Quote from: valkorum on October 16, 2013, 11:55:13 AM

Nah mate, can't find anything, I expect we'll hear more over the coming days if and when it becomes official.

Cicjose

valkorum

1 line in a throw away article.  Wait and see what happens... I am sure that Michie will find a home, I just hope we get something worthwhile in return as he will be a good player

Nige

Quote from: valkorum on October 16, 2013, 12:21:52 PM
1 line in a throw away article.  Wait and see what happens... I am sure that Michie will find a home, I just hope we get something worthwhile in return as he will be a good player
I think it is inevitable that he'll be playing elsewhere in 2014, whether it's the Dees or not remains to be seen. As you said, he'll be a quality player once he gets on the park. You should get something decent for him.

Ricochet

Quote from: NigeyS on October 16, 2013, 12:29:33 PM
I think it is inevitable that he'll be playing elsewhere in 2014, whether it's the Dees or not remains to be seen. As you said, he'll be a quality player once he gets on the park. You should get something decent for him.
Why is it inevitable? There has been hardly anything official from the club saying he is going?

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2013, 12:31:19 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 16, 2013, 12:29:33 PM
Why is it inevitable? There has been hardly anything official from the club saying he is going?
I just have a gut feeling that he'll go.

valkorum

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-14/trade-wrap-monday

QuoteFremantle remains interested in Yeo but is seen to be behind West Coast in the race.

The Dockers are continuing to explore trade options for Josh Mellington, who has requested a move home to Victoria after three years with Fremantle. 

The 20-year-old's priority is to get to a Victorian club, with a number of parties showing interest. It is believed one interstate club has also enquired.

Mellington is contracted for one more season, complicating his move, but Fremantle has expressed its willingness to help the young forward find a new home.

The Dockers also appear resigned to losing young midfielder Viv Michie, who is keen to join Melbourne after three years with Fremantle. 

Essendon forward Scott Gumbleton has completed medical testing with Fremantle in Perth, but a move to play under Ross Lyon is not guaranteed.

It is understood the Dockers are still assessing Gumbleton's results and are yet to commit to trading for him.

It has been suggested Fremantle could trade selection No.33 in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft for Gumbleton, but the 25-year-old's manager, Paul Connors, described that as "a bit generous".

SydneyRox

Freo not doing all that well on a trade front??

No one wants to go there? Pods, Yeo, Ellis all seem to be choosing other destinations

Strange since they are a premiership threat next year?

valkorum

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 16, 2013, 02:05:01 PM
Freo not doing all that well on a trade front??

No one wants to go there? Pods, Yeo, Ellis all seem to be choosing other destinations

Strange since they are a premiership threat next year?

Pods - Doesnt want to leave Victoria
Yeo - Eagles have "reportedly" made a better offer to Brisbane
Ellis - Freo pulled out of the race to get him (confirmed by Chris Bond on Monday)

elephants

Pods looks headed to the Crows.

valkorum

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2013, 02:31:00 PM

So leaving Victoria wasnt the thing.

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 16, 2013, 03:48:12 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2013, 02:31:00 PM

So leaving Victoria wasnt the thing.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at.

Viv Michie to Melbourne for pick 54. Done deal.