Main Menu

Fremantle FC Trade Talk

Started by Ricochet, October 03, 2013, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

I wouldn't call best 22 players depth players lol

valkorum

Quote from: elephants on October 10, 2013, 12:20:13 PM
So you'd rather play midfielders in defense than defenders? Interesting..
Most teams have midfielders off the half back line.

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 10, 2013, 12:40:03 PM
I wouldn't call best 22 players depth players lol

I was naming the list of players who play through there and putting Yeo where I think he sits.

Mailman the 2nd

But you kinda missed the whole point of depth players :P (who are people who don't play in the best 22)

Ricochet

He'd be after Silvagni and Sutcliffe in terms of depth in our backline

valkorum

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 10, 2013, 01:33:12 PM
But you kinda missed the whole point of depth players :P (who are people who don't play in the best 22)

Actually the point being is that we would move Hill, Pearce and Sutcliffe to the backline before playing Yeo.  We would bring in another midfielder to replace their rotation in the midfield.

Mailman the 2nd

That might work most of the time, but you run the risk of burning out those players from too much game time. I wouldn't really know though because Sydney barely gets any AFL games broadcasted :/

valkorum

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 10, 2013, 01:45:22 PM
That might work most of the time, but you run the risk of burning out those players from too much game time. I wouldn't really know though because Sydney barely gets any AFL games broadcasted :/

How are you burning out the players?  You are moving them from the midfield to the backline then bringing in another midfielder to play in the midfield.

Ricochet

Reid definitely staying at Sydney
Paul Connors "He will be playing at Sydney next year. They will explore him playing back, because of the success of his brother"

valkorum

Apparently X Ellis has had a medical with Freo

Ricochet

Would love to know why Freo are interested in him. Like what role they would give him?

Cicjose

half back flank i would have thought

elephants

Somewhere where he can't get injured.

nas

Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2013, 06:50:02 PM

Give him & Gumby a set of steps to get over the white line to avoid any injuries

SydneyRox

Quote from: naste on October 13, 2013, 09:36:10 AM
Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2013, 06:50:02 PM

Give him & Gumby a set of steps to get over the white line to avoid any injuries

Its interesting, these two trades could make 2014 for the Dockers or end up like Brisbane and Fevola

Ricochet

I have always rated Gumby's ability and character, but there was one stat that I saw today that worried me a tad. It was something like, Gumbleton competed in 22 one-on-one contests in 2013 and won zero. He did only play 5 full games though (2 subbed games)