Fremantle FC Trade Talk

Started by Ricochet, October 03, 2013, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Cicjose on October 21, 2013, 07:28:15 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 21, 2013, 07:13:49 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on October 21, 2013, 07:09:32 PM
will be massively overpaid for what he will achieve
I honestly don't know if you actually support Freo Cic, why so negative all the time?

Gumbleton is rubbish simple as that
Injury prone yes. Rubbish no. He has potential to be a star

Cicjose

since when? he hasn't proven anything in 7 seasons except the fact he cannot survive a full season of play

Mailman the 2nd

If you go by that logic half of the AFL is rubbish....

Ricochet

Quote from: Cicjose on October 21, 2013, 07:32:58 PM
since when? he hasn't proven anything in 7 seasons except the fact he cannot survive a full season of play
The fact that he was a highly rated junior who went at #2 in the draft. He has kicked bags of 3 and 4 goals in quite a few AFL games. He has the size and athletic ability to dominate games. And his VFL numbers a really quite good. I did agree he is injury prone but definitely not rubbish

Cicjose

this is supposed to be a top line FF who is "apparently" was best 22 at the Bombers who has only once in a season played 5 or more games in a row

Ricochet

I didn't say he wasn't injury prone Cic. But he has plenty of ability

Cicjose

has only had 10 marks in a game twice in his career
averages 1.5 marks inside 50 1 tackle, and 4 marks per game over his career

not good numbers for a key forward especially since he doesn't get matched up with the best defender

Ricochet

Quote from: Cicjose on October 21, 2013, 07:56:19 PM
has only had 10 marks in a game twice in his career
averages 1.5 marks inside 50 1 tackle, and 4 marks per game over his career

not good numbers for a key forward especially since he doesn't get matched up with the best defender
10 marks? do you know how hard that is?? Roughead didn't hit higher than 8 marks this year and won a Coleman.
Gumby is averaging 1.7 goals a game in the last two years. Thats the only stat that matters. As long as he is kicking goals as number 2 next to Pav I don't care.

Vinny

Cic you are so flowering negative man. :P

valkorum

WOW, I log on and see this.

Cic - werent you negative about the following:

RTB coming on board
Zac Dawson coming across
D Pearce being picked up as a free agent.

I think Freo know what they are doing.

Cicjose

seriously.... how is Gumbleton going to improve Fremantle.... he doesn't warrant the best defender.... he will be lucky to get the 3rd defender behind Pavlich and Mayne, he doesn't tackle,

and with a Fremantle game plan based heavily on team defence wouldn't warrant a spot in the side with his lack of effort displayed defensively

Mailman the 2nd

If you had Scott Gumbleton in the GF, you probably would've won....

Cicjose

seriously.... how is Gumbleton going to improve Fremantle.... he doesn't warrant the best defender.... he will be lucky to get the 3rd defender behind Pavlich and Mayne, he doesn't tackle,

and with a Fremantle game plan based heavily on team defence wouldn't warrant a spot in the side with his lack of effort displayed defensively

Quote from: valkorum on October 21, 2013, 09:40:43 PM
WOW, I log on and see this.

Cic - werent you negative about the following:

RTB coming on board
Zac Dawson coming across
D Pearce being picked up as a free agent.

I think Freo know what they are doing.

Ross comes from a culture of winning games (except grand finals)
Dawson despite his flaws has come from teams that have made use of what he has to make 4 grand finals
Pearce was from WA who was at a team who drafted him when they were the best team in the league and is one of the quickest players in the league and was a Rising Star winner

Gumbleton was drafted by Essendon with a number 2 pick from the worst team in the WAFL and has shown absolutely nothing

Ricochet

Quote from: Cicjose on October 21, 2013, 09:49:42 PM

Of course he's not gonna get the best defender... we still have this guy call Pavlich. Gumbleton will force other teams to structure differently against us. He will take the 2nd biggest defender and will provide another target up front. He will kick goals and Walters and Ballas will thrive around his feet

Toga

That's the thing though, if you have someone that warrants the attention of the #1 defender (think back to Kurt Tippett in 2012), look what the guys that get the #2/#3 defenders can do (think back to Taylor Walker in 2012).