Main Menu

Carlton FC Trade Talk

Started by Ricochet, October 03, 2013, 10:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ringo on October 12, 2013, 08:35:41 PM
Brisbane will take the best offer for Docherty whether Dogs or Blues.  Just because Docherty has named Carlton does not necessarily mean he will get there.

Not sure that's true Ringo. I remember per instance in 2010 off season that Sydney were offering pick 20 for justin Sherman from Brisbane but he wanted to go to the Bulldogs so Brisbane settled on pick 25

Ziplock

clubs will be very reluctant to offer a trade for a player that doesnt want to be there, and has the option to walk into the draft.

Master Q

A fake Bootsma account on twitter is spreading rumours and I think the AFL website and the HS got fooled big time  :-X

Vinny

Have not heard much about Jeremy Laidler! What's the go with him?

Nige

Quote from: vinny on October 21, 2013, 09:10:46 PM
Have not heard much about Jeremy Laidler! What's the go with him?

He'll probably get picked up in delisted free agency at some point or another. Might even go into the PSD.

Nige

News coming through from 3AW is that West Coast and Carlton may do a straight swap with a player for Josh Bootsma.

LF

hope they get rid of Smith not that Bootsma is any better than him anyway.
And I hope Bootsma likes playing in the WAFL next season thats where he`ll spend most of his time.

specky92

Quote from: NigeyS on October 22, 2013, 05:26:32 PM
News coming through from 3AW is that West Coast and Carlton may do a straight swap with a player for Josh Bootsma.
are you sure it's not Carlton giving west coast a player to take bootsma?  ;)

Toga

Man I know exactly what Carlton supporters feel like right now, how glorious is it? Thinking back to Gus Graham going to Adelaide - good feel :-* :P

SydneyRox

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 12, 2013, 10:37:04 PM
Brisbane will take the best offer for Docherty whether Dogs or Blues.  Just because Docherty has named Carlton does not necessarily mean he will get there.

Not sure that's true Ringo. I remember per instance in 2010 off season that Sydney were offering pick 20 for justin Sherman from Brisbane but he wanted to go to the Bulldogs so Brisbane settled on pick 25

Dodged a bullet there didnt we!!  ;D

LOL - Ironically, just checked - we picked Jed Lamb....  ::)

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 22, 2013, 06:11:02 PM

Maybe pick 48 will be better than both of them ::)

At least better than Sherman :P

Nige

Daisy Thomas will wear #39 at the Blues.

Dale Thomas @DThomas_39

Looking forward to wearing the number 39 on my back next year like two of my heroes @WarwickCapper39 & @heathshaw39 #cappppppper #3x13 #sums

He's changed his Twitter handle already as you can see... and somebody has already taken @DT_13... Amazingly, it's a Pies fan.

meow meow

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 22, 2013, 06:11:02 PM

Actually, we traded the compensation pick that we got for Harbrow to Brisbane for Sherman. Ironically, they selected Elliott Yeo!

T Dog

Quote from: NigeyS on October 23, 2013, 05:30:04 PM
Daisy Thomas will wear #39 at the Blues.

Dale Thomas @DThomas_39

Looking forward to wearing the number 39 on my back next year like two of my heroes @WarwickCapper39 & @heathshaw39 #cappppppper #3x13 #sums

He's changed his Twitter handle already as you can see... and somebody has already taken @DT_13... Amazingly, it's a Pies fan.

This is just sad...by the way who is this Dale Thomas bloke you talk about?  :'(

Ricochet

Docherty deal officially done.

You boys giving up Pick 33 for him.