Main Menu

Colin Sylvia

Started by Cicjose, October 02, 2013, 11:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2013-10-02/sylvia-linked-to-freo

FREMANTLE has emerged as the most likely destination for Melbourne's unrestricted free agent Colin Sylvia if he chooses to leave the Demons.

Sylvia is yet to make his intentions clear but AFL.com.au understands the Freo Dockers who lost Saturday's Grand Final by 15 points are the front runners for his services.

dont like this move tbh he is coming from a culture of losing to a culture that's aiming to win a flag not sure he is worthwhile when you can get someone from the draft

_wato

There's rumours going around that Sylvia has been offered a 2 year deal worth $1.2 million at the West Coast Eagles.

Thoughts on that? Way overpriced IMO

kilbluff1985

you have to pay overs to get players to move clubs

Vinny

Yeah and he is a solid player and would be even better at another club.

_wato

Don't know why Fremantle would be chasing him either by the way..

Especially when you have Pav, Mayne, Walters and Ballantyne all playing the same role as he would, that being a high forward floating mid type role (all those players are capable and have played that role).

Won't play any mid time anyway.. Mundy, Barlow, Fyfe, Crowley, Hill, Mzungu etc.

What you need is a forward who can really support Pav and stretch a defence.. You can't rely on Pav to kick 60+ goals every year, and he is ageing so he needs help. Bradley just isn't good enough and Clarke can't play forward. (Sandi #1 Ruck)

Showed in the grand final with Lake who marked 90% of anything pumped long, so I believe this is a waste of a signing. You need a big forward, so don't sign him for the sake of it.

Let West Coast sign him (they'll have Wellingham and Sylvia) both second rate players signed in the past two years to go along with a team full of outside midfielders. (Rosa, Gaff, Shuey, Wellingham).

Adamant

Obviously a KPF is our main priority, but I actually don't mind this move. We all know how good Sylvia is when he is up and going and I think he'd fit in nicely.

Ricochet

Quote from: _wato on October 03, 2013, 12:16:55 AM
Don't know why Fremantle would be chasing him either by the way..

Especially when you have Pav, Mayne, Walters and Ballantyne all playing the same role as he would, that being a high forward floating mid type role (all those players are capable and have played that role).

Won't play any mid time anyway.. Mundy, Barlow, Fyfe, Crowley, Hill, Mzungu etc.

What you need is a forward who can really support Pav and stretch a defence.. You can't rely on Pav to kick 60+ goals every year, and he is ageing so he needs help. Bradley just isn't good enough and Clarke can't play forward. (Sandi #1 Ruck)

Showed in the grand final with Lake who marked 90% of anything pumped long, so I believe this is a waste of a signing. You need a big forward, so don't sign him for the sake of it.

Let West Coast sign him (they'll have Wellingham and Sylvia) both second rate players signed in the past two years to go along with a team full of outside midfielders. (Rosa, Gaff, Shuey, Wellingham).
Pav, Walters, and Ballantyne do not play the same role as what Sylvia would at Freo. He would be a midfielder/half forward. Neither of these are. Even Mayne plays a different role. When in the midfield he would slot into an inside mid role before Hill and Mzungu who play outside roles on the wing or in Mzungu's case, run with roles or off half back.

We know we need a key forward, everyone needs knows but I don't mind this at all. Adds another bigger body to our already big midfield.

specky92

Do you reckon you guys will go after Pods after he was not offered a contract by Geelong?

Ricochet

I wouldn't have thought so, but i wouldn't mind it if we did offer him a 1 or 2 year contract. It doesn't fix our problem long term but if all other current options run dry then it will buy us some time.
Then again, he is 32

valkorum

Not sure on Slyvia and Pods would only be a short term measure while some of our younger KPP's develop - or we trade in a KPF

Jroo

Quote from: valkorum on October 03, 2013, 11:42:46 AM
Not sure on Slyvia and Pods would only be a short term measure while some of our younger KPP's develop - or we trade in a KPF
Or you trade Fyfe for Pick 1 (Boyd)  :P
I reckon Ross would be able to get the best out of Sylvia and a change of clubs will help him.

Ricochet

Quote from: JROO8 on October 03, 2013, 11:45:29 AM
Quote from: valkorum on October 03, 2013, 11:42:46 AM
Or you trade Fyfe for Pick 1 (Boyd) :P
I reckon Ross would be able to get the best out of Sylvia and a change of clubs will help him.
Not gonna happen  >:(

valkorum

Nige

Josh Rickard ‏@JRickard1991 53s

Breaking: Melbourne midfielder Colin Sylvia has nominated Fremantle as his preferred destination in 2014.

Ricochet

Wow looks like we'll get him