Main Menu

Top 100 TV Shows of All Time

Started by Mat0369, October 01, 2013, 12:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: BB67th on October 02, 2013, 03:46:16 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 02, 2013, 03:43:32 PM
Quote from: BB67th on October 02, 2013, 03:39:57 PM
I stopped it getting in because there is no way that you can say it is the third greatest show of all time.

You, and a lot of other people, need to realise that the order of this list really means flower all. Pretty much everyone on this forum would have a different opinion and order of the top 100 of all time. As long as all the shows we like get in to the 100, it really shouldn't matter. But, removing points from the shows on top instead of getting them inducted and out of the way really makes no sense.
Look I get that it is a community list, but we can still vote for what we want to. It is made up of our opinions so we still have to vote for what we think deserves to get there. And a show has to get a negative vote.
Never said not to vote for what you want.  :P

Plus this...
Quote from: GoLions16 on October 02, 2013, 03:47:55 PM
+ a billion. What you believe to be the number 1 show of all time, 95% of people will disagree. I couldn't give two showers and a pull of a dog's dick what the order is. For example, The Walking Dead would MAYBE make my top 5, but I'm voting it in because it is 100% in my top 100 and it's currently at the top.

GoLions

I stopped it getting in because there is no way that you can say it is the third greatest show of all time.

You, and a lot of other people, need to realise that the order of this list really means flower all. Pretty much everyone on this forum would have a different opinion and order of the top 100 of all time. As long as all the shows we like get in to the 100, it really shouldn't matter. But, removing points from the shows on top instead of getting them inducted and out of the way really makes no sense.
Look I get that it is a community list, but we can still vote for what we want to. It is made up of our opinions so we still have to vote for what we think deserves to get there. And a show has to get a negative vote.
If the walking dead is your least fav show up there, by all means downvote it as much as you want. If it isn't, you're just making it take longer until one of your shows gets inducted.

Holz

Quote from: GoLions16 on October 02, 2013, 03:50:22 PM

If the walking dead is your least fav show up there, by all means downvote it as much as you want. If it isn't, you're just making it take longer until one of your shows gets inducted.

its not my most disliked show on the list just dont feel its top 100.

Mat0369

Let me outline the objective of the game again. It is to make a list of the top 100 TV shows of all time in order. The order is supposed to be important in the game.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 02, 2013, 04:03:16 PM
Let me outline the objective of the game again. It is to make a list of the top 100 TV shows of all time in order. The order is supposed to be important in the game.
I just said this on the chat, and I guess I may as well say it here too.

If we want an order that's even remotely accurate, everyone should make a top 10. Your number 1 gets 10 votes, number 2 gets 9 votes, etc and number 10 gets 1 vote. Then we just tally up all the votes and see which shows get the most votes.

We are not going to get a proper order here.

Nige

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 02, 2013, 04:03:16 PM

But it's impossible to make an order when everyone has a different opinion of the order in their own mind.

My Chumps

Jesus Christ people are taking this very seriously :P

It's just a bit of fun guys, people can vote for and neg whatever they want.

Nige

Quote from: My Chumps on October 02, 2013, 04:31:18 PM

It got personal a long time ago.  >:(  ;)

LF

After Nige
Sons of Anarchy +2 Walking Dead +1 Game of Thrones -1

The Walking Dead - Darabont - 16
Criminal Minds - Davis - 9
Seinfeld - David/Seinfeld - 8
M.A.S.H. - Gelbart - 8
Game of Thrones - Benioff/Weiss - 7
Friday Night Lights - Aubrey - 7
Sons of Anarchy - 6
Futurama-Groening - 6
Doctor Who - Newman - 4
Whose Line Is It Anyway - Patterson - 4
Red Dwarf - Grant/Naylor - 3
Parks and Recreation - Daniels/Schur - 3
How I Met Your Mother - Bays/Thomas - 2
Community - Harmon - 2
The Wire - Simon - 1

Walking Dead is finally Inducted
Means there is a spot for a new show to be added

Holz

Futurama 2, Seinfeld 1, Criminal Minds -1

Seinfeld - David/Seinfeld - 9
Futurama-Groening - 8
Criminal Minds - Davis - 8
M.A.S.H. - Gelbart - 8
Sons of Anarchy - 6
Doctor Who - Newman - 4
Community - Harmon - 2
The Wire - Simon - 1

Ringo

After LF
The Goodies 2 Criminal Minds 1 The Wire - 1

Criminal Minds - Davis - 9
Futurama-Groening - 8
M.A.S.H. - Gelbart - 8
Sons of Anarchy - 6
Doctor Who - Newman - 4
Community - Harmon - 2
The Goodies 2
The Wire - Simon -0

Justin Bieber

After Ringo.

The Wire 2, Whose Line 1, Criminal Minds -1.

Futurama - Groening - 8
M.A.S.H. - Gelbart - 8
Sons of Anarchy - 6
Whose Line Is It Anyway - Patterson - 5
Doctor Who - Newman - 4
Community - Harmon - 2
The Goodies - Taylor/Garden/Oddie - 2
The Wire - Simon -2

Mat0369

Quote from: NigeyS on October 02, 2013, 04:14:33 PM
But it's impossible to make an order when everyone has a different opinion of the order in their own mind.

You can still get something pretty close unless people vote for a show just because it is at the top. One person could vote on their own one day and vote 3 times for Celebrity Splash giving it 6 votes and making it the leader. Am I going to vote for Celebrity Splash just because it is up top and I want to push it through since I don't hate it? Just keep in the back of your minds that the order is important to the game instead of trying to push shows through and just because you kinda like them even if they wouldn't be in your top 20, maybe even 50. There are still some top 10 worthy shows which have not even made the board yet.

*disclosure Celebrity Splash is one of the worst pieces of ish tv shows to ever grace the box, if anyone votes for it, I will die a little inside.

Quote from: My Chumps on October 02, 2013, 04:31:18 PM

This.

For those worried about a logjam of shows, it will clear itself

13Brummy

After HP.
HIMYM 2, Community 1, Futurama -1

M.A.S.H. - Gelbart - 8
Futurama - Groening - 7
Sons of Anarchy - 6
Whose Line Is It Anyway - Patterson - 5
Doctor Who - Newman - 4
How I Met Your Mother - Bays/Thomas - 4
Community - Harmon - 3
The Goodies - Taylor/Garden/Oddie - 2
The Wire - Simon -2

Nige

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 02, 2013, 05:16:39 PM
unless people vote for a show just because it is at the top.

There's too much of this happening.