AFL Trade radio

Started by Capper, September 30, 2013, 11:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 18, 2013, 07:25:48 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 18, 2013, 06:58:57 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 18, 2013, 06:54:54 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 18, 2013, 06:26:14 PM
It could also be because they want Dom Sheed but don't want to be seen using Pick 6 for him when 11 is about where he should go.

I am with LE I dont think Sheed will be there at 11

Hang on, is it Pick 10 or 11 that the Eagles are getting, I swear I read it was 10, the higher of Collingwood's back-to-back picks.

Boyd, Kelly, Aish, Billings, Schaz, Lennon, Kolodjashnij, McDonald, Freeman

(Not in order ^)

That's my guess... Which means Eagles will grab Sheed at 10.

No, all the talk has been on 11.
That just seems wrong though, if you're the Eagles and the Pies have 2 picks together, surely you demand the higher of them. I definitely read somewhere that the trade would cause them to move 4 picks down the order.

T Dog

elephants

I can't see us doing it to be honest.

We either lock in Sheed with 6 guarunteed and get Yeo cheap with 40/take a risk on him coming to our first rookie draft pick (big risk but will opposition teams really take Yeo when he's made it clear he wants to go home?)

or

Potentially miss out on our man with 11 and pay extra for the guaruntee of Yeo.

I guess I can see the logic but boy oh boy I wouldn't want to be at Eagles HQ on Draft night if we miss out on Sheed. There will be an extremely angry elephant outside the gates :P

JBs-Hawks

Is there a reason you are so sure that the Eagles want to take Sheed? Guessing he's a WA boy?

elephants

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 19, 2013, 12:22:16 AM
Is there a reason you are so sure that the Eagles want to take Sheed? Guessing he's a WA boy?

Yep, WA boy, we have been talking to him loooaaadds in the leadup to the draft, another ready-made midfielder. Think Ollie Wines in terms of readiness to play AFL. Broke his collarbone in the Under 18 champs but still one the Larke Medal for best player in divi 1.

This is an amazing writeup on him: http://www.scpaige.com.au/draftees-in-focus-dominic-sheed/#more-5101

The only reason I could see us not picking him at 6 is his lack of pace which is what we so desperately need. My fav part about him is his ability to play inside AND outside.

Ricochet

Quote from: elephants on October 19, 2013, 12:30:24 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 19, 2013, 12:22:16 AM

Yep, WA boy, we have been talking to him loooaaadds in the leadup to the draft, another ready-made midfielder. Think Ollie Wines in terms of readiness to play AFL. Broke his collarbone in the Under 18 champs but still one the Larke Medal for best player in divi 1.

This is an amazing writeup on him: http://www.scpaige.com.au/draftees-in-focus-dominic-sheed/#more-5101

The only reason I could see us not picking him at 6 is his lack of pace which is what we so desperately need. My fav part about him is his ability to play inside AND outside.
#gun

Nige

LIST OF TRADES TO BE DONE THIS WEEK:

BRISBANE:

- Pick 28 (via WCE) for Elliott Yeo
- Pick 32 (via CAR) for Sam Docherty
- Pick 19 (via STK) for Billy Longer
- Pick 20 (via GCS/PTA 3-way trade) for Jared Polec

CARLTON:

- Sam Docherty (via Pick 32)

COLLINGWOOD

- Pick 6 (via WCE/SYD 3-way trade)
- Jesse White (via WCE/SYD 3-way trade)

NOTE: Collingwood part with pick 11 and 31 in this deal.

- Taylor Adams (via Heath Shaw)

ESSENDON

- Pick 54 (via FRE) for Scott Gumbleton
- Pick 26 (via WBD) for Stewart Crameri
- Paul Chapman (Delisted free agent)

FREMANTLE

- Scott Gumbleton (via pick 54)

GWS

- Heath Shaw (via Taylor Adams)

GOLD COAST

- Pick 13 (via PTA/BRI 3-way trade)

Note: The Suns give up pick 20 and 27 in this deal.

HAWTHORN

- Pick 25 (via STK) for pick 19

Note: This is also part of the Ben McEvoy deal

NORTH MELBOURNE

- Late pick (via STK) for Luke Delaney

PORT ADELAIDE

- Jared Polec (Via GCS/BRI 3-way trade)
- Pick 27 (Via GCS/BRI 3-way trade)

Note: Port give up pick 13 in this deal

ST KILDA

- Pick 19 (via HAW)

Note: This was also part of the Ben McEvoy deal.

- Billy Longer (via pick 19)

SYDNEY

- Pick 44 & (via COL/WCE 3-way trade)

Note: Sydney give up Jesse White in this deal

WESTERN BULLDOGS

- Stewart Crameri (via pick 26)

WEST COAST

- Elliott Yeo (via pick 28)
- Pick 11 & 31 (via COL/SYD 3-way trade)

Note: West Coast give up pick 6 and 44 in this deal.

Toga

Brisbane getting done this week

Ricochet

So Hawks got pick Longer and Savage for McEvoy... I'd be happy with that

elephants

It could also be because they want Dom Sheed but don't want to be seen using Pick 6 for him when 11 is about where he should go.

I sincerely hope you're right about this now.

Holz

Quote from: elephants on October 21, 2013, 12:05:10 PM

I sincerely hope you're right about this now.

if you can get sheed at pick 11 than its a massive win. Pick 6 is about where he should go, people are too worried about speed the kids a gun.

Ringo

Quote from: Toga on October 21, 2013, 10:05:17 AM
Brisbane getting done this week
From what I am hearing we will be trying to finalise all our pick deals by tomorrow and then possibly try to gain a player or 2 for rest of week.

Docherty is the difficult one as he is probably worth more than pick 32, Will not want to go into PSD as Dogs will pounce.

nrich102

Docherty for pick 32 wtf?

Nige

Quote from: nrich102 on October 21, 2013, 02:07:13 PM
Docherty for pick 32 wtf?
Be happy that you're getting something rather than nothing.  :-X

Toga

Quote from: Ringo on October 21, 2013, 01:14:23 PM
From what I am hearing we will be trying to finalise all our pick deals by tomorrow and then possibly try to gain a player or 2 for rest of week.

Docherty is the difficult one as he is probably worth more than pick 32, Will not want to go into PSD as Dogs will pounce.

Haha, yeah they'll be both getting it done and getting done at the same time IMO. :-[

I mean I think you probably should be getting more for the players that you'll have leaving but doesn't seem like opposition clubs are really willing to offer any more.