Main Menu

AFL Trade radio

Started by Capper, September 30, 2013, 11:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Hawks List Manager Graham Wright on the deal:

It was only in the last couple of days it started. We were speaking to the Saints re Savage and Ben's name was brought up

It all went very quickly, he's overseas and that made it a little bit more difficult

(were you surprised?) A little bit. I know they had genuine interest in Shane, one from playing and NZ background (Saints links)

We were trying to get a pick that would satisfy Brisbane and then it comes up we need a ruckman. That's how it started

"how do you sell it to Longer when you have Hale and McEvoy?":  A little bit difficult

We see Hale playing mainly forward and relieving in the ruck.

We're still hopeful we can work out something with Billy (Longer) in the next couple of weeks.

Ricochet

Saints list manager Bains:

It's an interesting one. It was a difficult one for the club to arrive at. We're in a position to transition to rebuild

It came about pretty quickly. He wasn't put up by any stretch. Hawthorn put up an aggressive approach and attractive offer to Ben

Ben was still contracted, he's enormously loyal. A deal couldn't have taken place if he wasn't happy to move, he wasn't pushed

One of the strategic drivers was to end up with three picks inside 20. We feel that's the quickest way to transition our list

We haven't spoken to Billy Longer

We understand it's a short term issue with Ben's departure, it's something we need to address

It's our point in the cycle, we've come off success and we're building towards the future. We're in no denial where the list is at

(on Dal Santo): We've put a position to NM, they've put a position to us. There is a diff of opinion. We're not pushing blokes out

Ultimately, the club has put a position to North, if we can't get in what we feel is an adequate swap, we won't do the deal

There's a very big chance he'll still be at St Kilda, no doubt.

Capper

i have updated the first post with the done deals

Master Q

Saints lose the trade obviously but I think they're desperate for youth...

This is Ross Lyon's fault  :P

Ricochet

Apparently Eagles looking into Nahas

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ricochet on October 11, 2013, 01:04:26 PM
Apparently Eagles looking into Nahas

They would be the only one!

Ricochet

I'm surprised there is one

specky92

Averaged 84 DT in 2011  :o

SydneyRox

Justin Bieber

And Carlton have interest I heard?

henry

Apparently when the hawks get the compo for losing buddy which will be like pick 20 we will trade this to st kilda for their second round pick, moving them up 3 places in the draft order and so getting them another top 20 pick instead of 23rd as part of the mcevoy trade.

Ricochet

Carlton FC ‏@CarltonFC 1m
Contrary to what was reported on @traderadio, the Club can confirm that we are not in the mix for @heathshaw39. #NAVYBLUES

Jay

Leigh Montagna to sign with the Bombers very soon.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Jayman on October 13, 2013, 08:04:10 AM

no he won't. just stupid people making up stupid rumors. Tags bleeds red white and black

Jroo

Quote from: brad on October 13, 2013, 03:15:12 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 13, 2013, 08:04:10 AM

no he won't. just stupid people making up stupid rumors. Tags bleeds red white and black
+ 1, the only place I've seen it is Fox Sports. I reckon he stays.