Silvagni 192cm 93kg
Hannath 201cm 102kg
Taberner 197cm 89kg

Lets be fair here

Faulks will most likely be de-listed
Hannath is a Ruck/Fwd
Taberner is a forward.

We definitely need someone to replace McPharlin but Harry O isnt that person
Yes but they have played defence before. Was just pointing out we have big men who can be developed into defenders over the next two years for when McPharlin retires

Mailman the 2nd

Although I've never seen any of those talls play, I think Rico is right.

Once you have that many talls its not too difficult to turn a couple of them into backmen.

A lot of the AFLs solid backs started as forwards

_wato

@GWS_Giants: The GIANTS have withdrawn their offer for Buddy Franklin based on advice that he will accept an offer from the Swans.

Holy flower.

Noz

This is the best thing to happen for the Giants

Now they can focus their attention on recruiting 4-5 good experience players and pay them 450-500k a year.

Now they can draft Tom Boyd getting a key forward for 60k (average rookie wage) for 3 years who will be better than Franklin

Nige

Nathan Brown ‏@NathanBrown_07 15m

@traderadio @camluke @AFL 3 hours discussing trades and within 5 minutes of being off air the big story happens.

T Dog

Quote from: Noz on October 01, 2013, 01:08:44 PM

Now they can focus their attention on recruiting 4-5 good experience players and pay them 450-500k a year.

Now they can draft Tom Boyd getting a key forward for 60k (average rookie wage) for 3 years who will be better than Franklin

I agree Noz..get in leaders, work with the kids....Chappy may be a good stop gap and probably reasonably cheap..

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: T Dog on October 01, 2013, 01:34:13 PM
Quote from: Noz on October 01, 2013, 01:08:44 PM

I agree Noz..get in leaders, work with the kids....Chappy may be a good stop gap and probably reasonably cheap..

Chapman would be a very solid player for them given the circumstances, although whether he wants to leave home for 1 or two years...

Nige

Did Trade Radio just cut off for anyone else?  :(

SydneyRox

Nige

I think it might have been my internet.

Refreshed and working fine.  8)

Nige

Trade Radio ‏@traderadio 30s

. @GWS_Giants CEO Dave Matthews to join us after 2pm with @barrettdamian and @thelistmanager

This could be interesting.

Noz

Franklins deal is for 9 years  :o

Ricochet

Ricochet

Cameron Luke ‏@camluke 4m
In 2010 the NHL rejected a long deal because they believed the Player wouldnt play that long. Could the @afl follow? http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=328025

Nige

Knowing Andy D, he'll let it happen.