Main Menu

A Wasted Season

Started by Cicjose, September 29, 2013, 12:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Are you ever positive, Cic? Is every season you dont win a flag a waste? ::)

Your team made the Grand Final for flowers sake. No one could have seen it coming, you guys had an incredible season but were just beaten by the best team in the comp.

BB67th

Freo came from nowhere to make the grand final this year. Really it reminds me of the Hawks back in '08, who by their own admission made it 4 years too early. They had heaps of players retire or move on, Crawford, Dew, Croad, Brown, and now they are the best team in the comp. If Freo draft and trade well the next couple of years they can become a very good side when the young talent they currently have peaks.

tor01doc

Scary good if they can up their scoring.

Nige

Quote from: tor01doc on September 29, 2013, 10:28:06 AM
Scary good if they can up their scoring.

Yeah, I agree with this. If Freo can manage to land a forward to help out their scoring (Jesse White? ???), they should definitely be a genuine chance yet again next year.

valkorum

Cic - I think you should stop being a Freo supporter and go support another team.  We have had a fantastic season and we will be back again next season.  Whats the saying... you gotta lose one to win one.

Bill Manspeaker

just read on bigfooty that GWS have offered pick 1 for Fyfe. would you guys take it?

valkorum

Quote from: brad on September 29, 2013, 11:48:04 AM
just read on bigfooty that GWS have offered pick 1 for Fyfe. would you guys take it?

So basically Fyfe for Boyd.  As much as we need a KPF and Boyd would fit the bill, we cant give up Fyfe

Nige

Quote from: brad on September 29, 2013, 11:48:04 AM
They said it on Game Day as well.

But yeah, I agree with what valk said...

tor01doc

Got to keep Fyfe.

You want Buddy for him?

Vinny

Yeah Fyfe shouldn't go for anything, he is 22 and will soon be one of the most dominant players in the game. He is already getting close :)

tor01doc

vinny, you should use Green Day's 'Wake me up when September ends' as your theme song!  :P

Vinny

Hey! >:(

We will be back next September and this time around...we shall get there ourselves ;D

tor01doc

Your lot beating Tigers from NINTH was a highlight!

Vinny

Hahaha giving it to the Tiges fans was gold :P

Ziplock