Main Menu

A Wasted Season

Started by Cicjose, September 29, 2013, 12:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

tor01doc

SydneyRox

Harsh. Not going to be 19 years.

Realistically dockers came from nowhere to make the GF, fantastic season, sure you didnt win but plenty has been earned.

Next year will be harder...

Cicjose

and Ross Lyon has a very poor record of Grand Final wins as a senior coach

we wont be better next year our best players are already on the wrong side of 30 and will continue
to slow down as their careers come to a close

SydneyRox

what might be interesting next year is how ross treats the older guys. one thing he was smasher for at the end with the saints was sticking with the old guys and not blooding enough youth.
plenty of upside at Freo Cic. Fyfe, Walters, Clarke, Mayne all still have inprovement nect year

Cicjose

Clarke is rubbish, very poor forward and his althetic capacity is too easily combated by body contact, Fyfe and Walters have already peaked and Mayne is not the key forward we have been missing

Vinny

You are so negative mate, have some faith in your club ;)

Pav said it all after the game "We will be back."

You will have more opportunities in the future.

Cicjose

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-28/how-the-hawks-won-it

beating Fremantle using their own game against them.... if every team did that well..............

Bill Manspeaker

painful ain't it. hardly a wasted season though, Hawks were the best team all year. you'll get another crack at it

Cicjose

too many passengers today with the skipper being one of them, Lyon's coaching has failed 4 times to bring a flag and many say he's the best coach in the league......

very doubtful especially with this Fremantle side having more talent across the park than the St Kilda sides he coached and this was the worst performed side of all of the teams he got to grand finals

Bill Manspeaker

i'd say the 2010 replay has a firm grip on the worst performance

Vinny

Dont worry buddy, plenty of talent still in the squad and young. You will get your flag :)

Barlow
Fyfe
Walters
Mayne
Clarke
Neale
Hill
Ibbotson
Mzungu
Suban

quinny88

I think Freo have one more chance. After that its slipped.

Sandilands, Pav, McPharlin, are gonna be some massive losses in the next year.

They have some gun players though that will carry the club forward.

I felt like they choked today. Their disposal was terrible, they sprayed simple shots on goal, it was just a poor game. Such a contrast from last week.

To challenge again next year they probably need to bolster the backline further. Dawson has been reasonable most of the season but he was found out a bit today. They need to do what Hawthorn did and just snag someone experienced to play a season or 2, like Lake has just done to great affect.

Not all doom and gloom for freo, it was a great effort to get to the GF they just have to weak a few things and come back more hungry next year

Cicjose

Hawthorn didn't play as well as Collingwood in 2010 if they had the margin would have been > 12 goals

JBs-Hawks

Chin up mate, being quite a vocal hawks supporter I copped plenty of shower about our loss last year from my mates.  Did I dwell on it as season wasted?  No.I just told them you gotta be in it to win it amd we still did better then all thr teams they supported. Amd then they try tp say at least they didn't lose a gf. Gotta be in it to win it amd will make your players even hungrier to win.