Grand Final day delisting for three Saints.

Started by Nige, September 28, 2013, 09:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Quote from: silloc on October 01, 2013, 12:26:21 AM
Quote from: Master Q on September 30, 2013, 09:10:23 PM
And to think just 5 years ago AFL was one of the most loyal sports in the world (IMO). What has happened to our game.

I still think there is loyalty otherwise everyone would be lookin for new homes. and i think all the saint kilda boys only want to leave if it's best for the club also, frees up a large amount of salary cap plus a comp pick
I need a figure for the amount of unrestricted free agents who didn't resign  :P

Rusty00

Quote from: Master Q on September 30, 2013, 09:10:23 PM
And to think just 5 years ago AFL was one of the most loyal sports in the world (IMO). What has happened to our game.
Free Agency. Was always going to have this affect on the game.

Mailman the 2nd

People who think loyalty means anything in sport are delusional

silloc

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 08, 2013, 10:12:18 PM
People who think loyalty means anything in sport are delusional

Well there is some loyalty, but it'd be the same in any workplace. It just depends on the offer, there is always an amount for any player that would trump loyalty.

silloc

Anyone heard anything about ledger since delisting? Any clubs interested? I'd take him at Essendon with a late pick

Nige

Nothing will get done for a while apparently. May get picked up delisted free agency, a few clubs are interested. He can always nominate for the draft too.

silloc

Quote from: NigeyS on October 18, 2013, 10:46:36 AM
Nothing will get done for a while apparently. May get picked up delisted free agency, a few clubs are interested. He can always nominate for the draft too.
you think there will be more action after the free agency period? If he doesn't get courted now, i'd go into the draft if I was him. Apparently there isn't very much depth this year, so late pick up would be a chance.  especially with so many clubs doing massive cleanouts/retirements.

question/thought: is there any statistics anywhere that show club and league list turn overs in a season? like how many new players and how many delisted/retired? (i'm aware it's completely unrelated)