Price: ~$200-250,000 Possible 30% Discount
Junior Club: Labrador

Games: 8
Average: 65

Games:2
Average:40
Scores: 33, 47
(Started as Sub)

Summary: Claye was starting to cement himself in the Lions 22 at the start of the season, when he was struck down with injury. Claye seems to be injury prone, and has never played more than 8 games in a season at AFL level, getting injured in 2011, 2012 and 2013 :(.

Verdict: You'd be crazy to not consider him. Breakout year contender, but could kill you. He also can tag occasionly :(

Richo's Predicted Average: 75 IF he has an injury free season.

GoLions

Definitely could have a breakout year, and I'll be considering him for sure. If he's fit and firing in the pre-season, that may convince me.
Not too worried about him tagging while Raines is still playing, as it would be a very rare occasion.

quinny88

Gonna be an awkward price no doubt. Will wait and see

TheAnt

Surely given he was only 350k to start the year and then averages 40 he won't be above 200k... pls SuperCoach pls.

tbagrocks

Will have to seriously be considered, maybe a problem with the super sub though coming back to fitness

Ricochet

Suppose to be just as good as his brother. Even if he has just a pinch of his brothers ability he will be a gun

kilbluff1985

"Clay Beams has been lighting up pre-season training raising the hopes of new Lions coach Justin Leppitsch that he may have found a hidden gem on Brisbane's list." - Herald Sun.

Jroo

How much is Beams again? Because I'm seriously considering him.

hawkers65

Jroo

Quote from: hawkers65 on December 14, 2013, 11:09:42 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on December 14, 2013, 11:08:44 AM
How much is Beams again? Because I'm seriously considering him.

Cheers, that's very good. If named round one he makes my team over someone like Aish  8)

Toga

He has to be considered at that price! :o

Holz

Every year I see reports of him being the stand out in the preseason. Than he gets injured before the season starts or very early on.

theta

With the brissi exodus he is a lock for me, but injuries are definitely a major concern.

Jroo

Quote from: theta on December 14, 2013, 04:28:53 PM
With the brissi exodus he is a lock for me, but injuries are definitely a major concern.
Yeo was probably the only player who left that was in their beat 22. In saying that, Beams is probably in the Lions best 22 anyway, so it won't matter.

GoLions

Quote from: JROO8 on December 14, 2013, 04:35:09 PM
Quote from: theta on December 14, 2013, 04:28:53 PM
Yeo was probably the only player who left that was in their beat 22. In saying that, Beams is probably in the Lions best 22 anyway, so it won't matter.
Yeo and Docherty were basically competing for a bench spot. As long as Beams is fit, he should slot in straight away, unless some of our rookies really light it up in the pre-season.