Main Menu

Clarkson - Out

Started by Noz, September 24, 2013, 10:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Reports are coming in that Clarkson will leave Hawthorn and coach West Coast next season.

kilbluff1985

Source ?

Very hard to believe

Noz

Was reported on "On The Couch" by Mike Sheehan

tor01doc

A mate texted me that earlier.

He is a Carrrrlton guy - laughing that Ratten may coach Hawthorn!

I guess if we win, he'll feel he's done well enough and a new challenge awaits.

If we lose, he can flower of to wherever because he'll be seen as shower anyway.

Win win ?

Noz

Not that hard to believe anyways.

If Hawthorn don't win the premiership than guys like Clarko and Franklin and maybe others will realise that they cannot win another flag within the next 5 years so they will look to further their careers elsewhere.

If Hawthorn win the flag again guys like Clarko and Franklin will realise that they have done all they could with Hawthorn and would want to challenge themselves for another club.

kilbluff1985

It just seems hard to believe he has already made the decision days before the GF

Ziplock

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 24, 2013, 10:19:47 PM
It just seems hard to believe he has already made the decision days before the GF

+1

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Ziplock on September 24, 2013, 10:52:15 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 24, 2013, 10:19:47 PM

+1

Agreed. But doesn't mean he isn't talking to those in the West.

Vinny

Yeah wow, if you said this next week, sure! But I doubt it's true, the big day is this weekend haha.

Mailman the 2nd

He probably just got contacted by the Eagles after Worsfold left and he'd only take consideration after the Grand Final

henry

Really hope not. Would think that hawthorn would be more likely to win the premiership next year than west coast anyway, west coast's list is very overrated imo. West Coast also have an assistant they have been grooming to become a senior coach in Scott Burns, so would be very surprised and disappointed if it happened.

T Dog

Wow!! that's a big get for west coast if they make it happen.. :o

Nige

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 24, 2013, 11:09:51 PM
He probably just got contacted by the Eagles after Worsfold left and he'd only take consideration after the Grand Final

Yeah, I'd say this is the case. But if this is true...  :o

Hawka

Not buying yet
But if it is true oh well, we have 2 very good coaches at the hawks one being Adam Simpson and Ratten who i rate

Nige

If Clarko did leave, Adam Simpson would be a solid replacement, has been talked about as a real contender for all the jobs that were and still are open.