Main Menu

Official Grand Final Thread

Started by Cicjose, September 22, 2013, 12:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-22/johnson-in-shock

ALL AUSTRALIAN defender Michael Johnson says he is in a state of shock after Fremantle qualified for the first Grand Final in the club's history.

The Dockers had never won back-to-back finals in their 19-year existence prior to Saturday's 25-point win over the Sydney Swans and the players were shell-shocked at the thought of playing in a premiership decider.

"It's a big achievement. We're the first team to make the Grand Final for the Fremantle footy club and we're just going to take it in as the week goes on.

Cicjose

Cicjose

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-22/freo-to-wear-all-white

FREMANTLE has opted not to wear its traditional purple colours in its first Grand Final, having chosen its white clash jumper ahead of its home strip to face the Hawks at the MCG this Saturday.

AFL media relations manager Patrick Keane announced on Twitter on Sunday that as the higher-ranked club, Hawthorn had been given the right to wear its home jumper, shorts and socks.

Keane wrote the AFL had then decided Fremantle would wear white shorts, but had given the Dockers the option of wearing their home or clash jumper.

Fremantle wore its white clash strip when it last played the Hawks away, in round four this year at Launceston's Aurora Stadium.

But the Dockers wore their purple jumper and white shorts when they played Geelong in round 14 this season at Simonds Stadium.

Fremantle won't be the first team to don a clash jumper in a Grand Final. St Kilda wore its clash jumper - with the exaggerated white stripe in the middle - in both the 2010 Grand Finals against Collingwood.

Cicjose

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-22/oh-brother-perth-pairs-faceoff-is-a-grand-final-first\

STEPHEN and Bradley Hill are set to become the first pair of brothers to play against each other
in an AFL/VFL Grand Final since 1912 after both Hawthorn and Fremantle qualified for the 2013 decider.

(._.)

I was one of the lucky ones to get GF tickets through the ballot. Flying to Melbourne on Wednesday with family, so excited.

Ricochet

Bloody lucky! How much were your flights?? Have been hearing people paying some ridiculous amounts

valkorum

Quote from: (._.) on September 23, 2013, 10:54:17 AM
I was one of the lucky ones to get GF tickets through the ballot. Flying to Melbourne on Wednesday with family, so excited.

You lucky barbie

My fiance told me (in no uncertain terms) that I am not allowed to spend $3,500 to go to the Grand Final as we wont be able to have our family holiday in April/May next year.

Ricochet

I bet you were considering spending that much too valk? I was

valkorum

Quote from: Ricochet on September 23, 2013, 11:13:15 AM

I had already considered it and it was spent in my books.... but the fiance is right, we need a family holiday and that money is earmarked for that.

Ricochet

Quote from: valkorum on September 23, 2013, 11:24:21 AM

I had already considered it and it was spent in my books.... but the fiance is right, we need a family holiday and that money is earmarked for that.
A family holiday... to Melbourne... this weekend...

Cicjose

Do it Valk you know this is the opportunity you've been waiting for!

i dont even have enough cash for the cheapest flight to Melbourne let alone enough for accomodation,
spending money or the prize of grand final tickets

valkorum

Quote from: Ricochet on September 23, 2013, 11:26:31 AM
Quote from: valkorum on September 23, 2013, 11:24:21 AM

A family holiday... to Melbourne... this weekend...

I tried that as well - didnt work.  Our family holiday is a 2 week vacation - compared to a 2 or 3 day trip

(._.)

I'm not sure how much it all cost because I didn't book it, but we did book the flights and accommodation straight after the win over Geelong before the prices went up.

Dad's been a member for 19 years and my brother and I for about 12 years, so we were pretty keen to go see them play in their first Grand final. Let's hope it's the first of many.

Cicjose

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2013-09-22/why-docker-will-wear-white

"We are unable to wear purple shorts against Hawthorn, who the AFL has selected to the wear their home strip, which includes brown shorts," Fremantle CEO Steve Rosich said.

"As such, we are required to wear white shorts, which is in keeping with our white clash strip."

Cicjose

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2013-09-23/follow-the-leader

This Saturday Ross Lyon joins Leigh Matthews, Malcolm Blight and Michael Malthouse as the only coaches since 1990 to lead two different clubs into Grand Finals.

Dockers veteran Luke McPharlin says that in his 14 seasons he has never seen a player group buy in to a coach's philosophy like this team has.

"This has been really strong.

"This is the philosophy that Ross brings. And what makes him such a good coach is that he's able to create this environment that empowers individuals and allows the leaders to really drive the group and if you're not buying in you stand out like a sore thumb, because the critical mass of players are."

RTB.... that is all