Games: 1

Born: April 21, 1994

Height: 188cm

Weight: 74kg

Position: Midfield

Nab Draft: Round 1, Pick #2 2012 National Draft

2013 Games: 1    Average: 31

GWS 2014 fixture:

SYD, STK, MEL, WB, ADE, GC, PORT, WC, BYE, RIC, HAW, ESS, BRI, CAR, SYD, ADE, FRE, GEE, RIC, NTH, MEL, COL, WB

HISTORY:

He was recruited by GWS in the 2012 National Draft with pick #2, he rewrote history when he became the Calder Cannons highest ever draft pick. Renowned as an inside midfielder with a hunger for contested football, he also has good speed and indurance.

A proven ball winner at junior level, O'Rourke also distributes it well averaging 18.5 disposals at 77% efficiency for Vic Metro in 2012 and was rewarded with All Australian honours following the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. Another AIS-AFL Academy graduate."

O'Rourke made his debut in Round 16, 2013, against Sydney at Stadium Australia

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/next-stop-land-of-giants/story-fn53khk2-1226526467148

VERDICT:   

After suffering some nagging hamstring injuries and a shoulder injury O'Rourke's preseason and season never got going and only played 1 game in 2013 as a result. The No 2 pick in the draft was priced at $194,500 in 2013.

Played 1 game for an average of 31, predicted price for 2014 .. $160,000 with discount ?  $130,000 ? if he's around this price and has some good games in the Nab he might be worth a shot if named round 1, but where does he fit into the GWS team.

2014 FanPlanner price: $168,200 - no discount  ??? 

PLAYER PROFILE UPDATE:  24/12/2013 .. O'Rourke is valued at $135,500 and if named round 1 could be a very good bench player that will generate some cash for your team.

Jonathan O'Rourke Highlights

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CD0QtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwNgY2GTnit0&ei=H-SyUfHMIOuQiAeg_4GwDA&usg=AFQjCNFNpBNTllRPnu-l_0hs9x_we2sakw&bvm=bv.47534661,d.aGc&cad=rja

Vinny

Nice work FF!

Yeah he is still young, should be a handy player in a few years :)

Kellogscrunchynut

Will need to play very well to break into the Giants outfit, but if he can do that it should be smooth sailing.

henry

JS may be a bit of an issue, but will be rookie priced with an extra preseason under his belt than this year's draftees. Will be on my watchlist.

R.Griffen

he may be one of the players who struggles at AFL level but if he can break into the team he can find the ball very well

eg6914

Colliwobblers

#2 pick for a very good reason, with a full preseason he will play and at that price i will start him if named for round 1.

tho could see some vests early so as always will be on the look out for the new mature bodies / shower club recruits ;)

kilbluff1985

really hope this kids develops into a fantasy relevant player more so for my BXV team would be very handy

wondering if anyone has his DT stats for 2's this year?

Ziplock

yeah, he played 11 games and only averaged 62.3 dt points. He did get injured at some point I think, but even taking out his first couple of return games, his average was still on like 63 or something.

Ziplock

neafl stats are a bit as well, had to hand type it all as it doesnt copy paste into excel.... couldnt find an individual player search function either, so had to go through every round :/

pommyadam

Quote from: Ziplock on November 14, 2013, 06:51:36 PM
neafl stats are a bit as well, had to hand type it all as it doesnt copy paste into excel.... couldnt find an individual player search function either, so had to go through every round :/

here are the games he played (no DT stats, but a list of games at least)
http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/116949/Jono-O-ROURKE

kinda thinking that he seems a little injury prone, so it's a pass from me
as well as the fact that he's "being managed with an eye on the future rather than short term" kinda tells me he'll be in and out of the side

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ziplock on November 14, 2013, 06:49:59 PM
yeah, he played 11 games and only averaged 62.3 dt points. He did get injured at some point I think, but even taking out his first couple of return games, his average was still on like 63 or something.

Hmm yeah hopefully will come good thanks Zip

CrowsFan

He's never been a high accumulator of possessions, he just uses them very well.

In the U18 champs he averaged 71 DT, but 107 SC, and in the TAC season he averaged 78 DT and 108 SC.

So in saying that he's more of an option for SC in my opinon

Football Factory

Surely one of the slowest starts to a career for a No 2 draft pick. Gotta get some games next year barring injury but how many and how far apart. One to keep an eye on during the pre-season

Noz

When he is 100% fit he will be in the Giants best 22, He spent 8 weeks in total injured this year he came into the club already injured so he wasn't able to compete in a full pre season. After a full pre season he should start to show everyone just why he was pick 2.