It's good, not a 10/10.
12 (70.6%)
I am going to copy it right now.
1 (5.9%)
I think it's closer to a 5/10
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 2

hespey

Monty rated this team a 10/10.. but I want to know what YOU think!

1. Enright, C
2. Fisher, S
3. Hodge, L
4. Gilbee, L
5. Macdonald, J
6. Malceski, N
7. Hunt, J
23. Waters, B
24. Maguire, M

8. Ablett, G
9. Mitchell, S
10. McVeigh, M
11. Martin, D
12. Barlow, M
13. Banner, M
25. Shuey, L
26. Moles, B

14. Sandilands, A
15. Tippett, K
27. Warnock, R
28. Skipper, W

16. Riewoldt, N
17. O'Keefe, R
18. Pavlich, M
19. Higgins, S
20. Franklin, L
21. Hall, B
22. Rohan, G
29. Rockliff, T
30. Hitchcock, C

Monty said that the FWD, RUCK and BACK lines are perfect, great value players and excellent coverage on each line. He said starting 3 mid rookies was risky, but the three I have are the three most likely to perform at a 350-400k midfielder rate, and the money these players generate would be enough to swap 4 of them for two premium (swan/dalsanto) mids later in the year.

Do you agree with him??

Thoughts??

madskill55

interesting man. if i was to say it was the showertest team id ever seen im sure u wuldnt give a rats to what i said cos monty  rated it 10/10. But its a pretty quality side. the only qs is will ur 3 rookies pay off. like u are going for 3 rookies in midfield and possibly one in rohan in the fwd line. thats 4 rookies- they culd produce maybe around 240-280 points a game if ur lucky. Many people are going for two/three rokies in the starting midfield, im going for just the one in d.martin with a very strong midfield, just with a weaker backline cos thats where all the mid ranged players that culd be potential cash cows exist (maguire,greenwood,hunt.ladson,kennely,malceski,waters) if they even play well for 5-6 rounds there price will increase and u can instantly trade them for premiums and at the same time have a strong midfield. but then again it can happen with ur rookies- they'll just take longer to increase in price thts all. haveta see how it pans out mate.

hespey

nice thoughts there mate, thanks. i have loaded up on 4/7 of the potential cash cows you mentioned in the back line. although i have 2 on the bench, i do not trust many of these players enough (injury/form wise) to have back rookies/newbies as well. i dont rate ladson/greenwood, and kennelly is the most expensive of the bunch and has since had his role stolen by shaw.

madskill55

yeh true, agree with u there. dnt think ladson will do good this year. i reckon greenwood will do oright and shuld increase price. how much do u think Martin, D, Barlow, M and Banner, M will score for u as a total each week if they all play each week?

hespey

martin, without cousins, foley, and cotchin cramping him in his first few games, should start off 80+ SC as he has great disposal. barlow and banner seem to be prolific ball winners. barlow wont have too much competition in the midfield as a linkman, as freo seem to have mostly hard ball getters. banner may have free reign without burgoyne and the cornes in the midfield this year. pearce cops a tag every week, so he will rack up the possies. B+B dont have excellent disposal, so this could hurt them. i would still say that 60+ comfortable scores each week. so 200+ combined to be safe.

what do you think?

madskill55

mate dont get me wrong, i love all the players you've chosen and love to have them all in my team. its just the fact if they are going to get a game 22 rnds of the year and score well so they can increase in price. Martin is a gun no doubt about it. barlow is a mad cow love him, but he hasta get promoted to the senior list which he shuld do, but pavlich said that he is fighting for 2 spots with 5 other rookies,with the likes of clancee pearce n morabito etc. banner shuld get a game and shuld go unnoticed. im just thinking what thoughts a brilliant sc with ur calibre and knowledge think sabout having 3 rookies instead of 1 or 2 cos i might reconsider my midfield. cos atm my midfield is ablett, selwood, dal/bartel, mitchell, masten and martin. so might re-consider. lol

hespey

hahaha

that midfield is very good. dalsanto hands down over bartel btw. love masten. i would pick between him and a mcveigh as a mid tier.

i just think there is way too much value in the mid rookies/first years this year to let them slip. even shuey and moles could slot into the best 22. there is obviously less risk in your midfield than mine, but i would rather take risk out of the back and forward lines, and take a gamble on rookies in the midfield who will score higher than back/forward rookies.

barlow will be elevated, no doubt. banner will play 22 games, choco needs midfielders.

it is a risk, but as long as 3/5 of these play every week, the risk isnt THAT great. they should rise v. quickly. and if they get dropped or dont score as well as anticipated, they can be switched for other performing mids (might require selling two to buy one).  ;)

anyhow that is just my thought. you gonna reconsider?

madskill55

haha yeh might have revamp my team now. but who do u reckon is better dal or selwood. im going to haveta drop one of them?

hespey

dal santo. not just coz im a saints supporter. he is as solid as they come. not as much of an injury concern. if price is no worry, grab dally. he will score well every week as he has supurb disposal. if he plays up forward, he will score many goals.

selwood is a gun, and consistent. dally is more of a gun (SC terms) and more consistent.

hespey

ah well, doesnt look like Monty was too far off the mark!!  ;D

madskill55

whoever rated u closer to 5/10 is an absolute joke of a gag. they probably don't know what afl is.

Prospector_1

Quote from: madskill55 on March 09, 2010, 05:49:38 AM
whoever rated u closer to 5/10 is an absolute joke of a gag. they probably don't know what afl is.

FWIW, anything under 7.5 would be closer to 5 than 10!

madskill55

and u think this team is under 7.5 out of 10 do u?

ossie85

Well, the centre line could crash and burn. McVeigh's not guaranteed to do well, and 3 starting rookies.. I still like the team, but can see why others wouldn't