Is Hawthorn superstar Lance Franklin closing in on his last game for the club?

Started by Ricochet, September 18, 2013, 09:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/veteran-players

I'm a little confused...

the way it looks to me is that so long as your veterans contracts are staggered, you can always stay under the old veterans rule...

henry

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 02, 2013, 08:19:22 PM
Quote from: henry on October 02, 2013, 07:55:29 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2013, 12:11:36 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 01, 2013, 04:28:18 PM
Attention on game day and official footy business is not the same as being hassled when at the shops or walking dow the street.

Believe it or not fellas but it is a major factor in this move.

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Franklin-motivated-by-desire-to-leave-Melbourne-Ireland/61979

Lance Franklins impending move to Sydney is motivated out of a desire to leave the "fishbowl" environment of Melbourne according to Swans chief executive Andrew Ireland.
So let's go and buy a house in Bondi, will hardly be noticed there lol  ::). He's bound to be recognised wherever he goes, just a fact of being a high profile footballer. Oh well, good luck in the future bud except when you play us I hope Lake towels you up.

I don't think you've actually been to Sydney before.

No one will notice him really. Anything he does will be stuck in middle of the paper and he'll get 50x less attention.

Sporting fans in Sydney: 80% NRL, 10% Rugby union, 10% AFL

Yeah I know mate but especially  now this is big news people will recognise buddy even if they don't follow the sport, his appearance stands out a lot. I don't follow NRL at all yet I could still recognise some of the biggest stars of the game, the same will happen for buddy. Maybe he won't be recognised as much, but when you've got as big a profile as him it's just a fact that everyone will know you.

roo boys!

Quote from: vinny on October 02, 2013, 09:44:59 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 02, 2013, 09:11:10 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on October 02, 2013, 08:38:27 PM
I love how casually everyone just talks about these figures of $1.4/$2 million whatever it may be.

Anything over I dunno $500k is just stupid amounts of money to be talking about for a sportsman, good on them they've really done well with themselves and I love that we invest so much into our stars.

But surely he'll survive perfectly well on $1.1 million compared to $1.4 or whatever it was, clearly the fishbowl effect is what got him out.

Meanwhile soccer...

:P

Sep 2, 2013 - The Gareth Bale saga is over, with the Spurs midfielder signing for Real Madrid for a reported fee of $149.4 million per season.
:o :o :o

What....

Vinny

Just showing how much soccer players get paid and yes it is legit :P

roo boys!

Quote from: vinny on October 03, 2013, 10:44:07 AM
I wasn't doubting you haha that's just bloody ridiculous! It's not even a sport! ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: henry on October 03, 2013, 10:40:12 AM
Attention on game day and official footy business is not the same as being hassled when at the shops or walking dow the street.

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Franklin-motivated-by-desire-to-leave-Melbourne-Ireland/61979

Lance Franklins impending move to Sydney is motivated out of a desire to leave the "fishbowl" environment of Melbourne according to Swans chief executive Andrew Ireland.
So let's go and buy a house in Bondi, will hardly be noticed there lol  ::). He's bound to be recognised wherever he goes, just a fact of being a high profile footballer. Oh well, good luck in the future bud except when you play us I hope Lake towels you up.

No one will notice him really. Anything he does will be stuck in middle of the paper and he'll get 50x less attention.

Yeah I know mate but especially  now this is big news people will recognise buddy even if they don't follow the sport, his appearance stands out a lot. I don't follow NRL at all yet I could still recognise some of the biggest stars of the game, the same will happen for buddy. Maybe he won't be recognised as much, but when you've got as big a profile as him it's just a fact that everyone will know you.
Yeh but its not that he won't get recognised, because obviously he will. But its no where near the level to which he gets hassled in Melbourne

Vinny

Quote from: roo boys! on October 03, 2013, 10:45:06 AM
I wasn't doubting you haha that's just bloody ridiculous! It's not even a sport! ;)

Hahaha :P

Ziplock

I live in the sydney region, and I wouldn't recognise pretty much any NRL players :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: roo boys! on October 03, 2013, 10:45:06 AM
GTFO :P

Mailman the 2nd

Believe me this is not particularly big news in Sydney.

When the 9 year deal came out. Sports paper next day had first 6 pages of some NRL bullshower and then 3 pages of union and then 2 pages on Buddy after all that.

In NSW he's not going to be noticed

Ricochet

from ‏@traderadio

Pickering: I think you can go back earlier (to when Sydney thoughts started) after the car crash and that sort of thing

He (Buddy) got a little bit over Melbourne with media outside his house. He couldn't stay at home for two or three weeks

That was when he initially thought maybe the Melbourne bubble's not for me.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ricochet on October 03, 2013, 02:14:12 PM
from ‏@traderadio

Pickering: I think you can go back earlier (to when Sydney thoughts started) after the car crash and that sort of thing

He (Buddy) got a little bit over Melbourne with media outside his house. He couldn't stay at home for two or three weeks

That was when he initially thought maybe the Melbourne bubble's not for me.

Gonna get paid less in the next 2 years than he is now....

Ricochet

It was always about moving out of Melbourne

Pickering: "As soon as the GF finished, I asked: Has anything changed? Buddy: "No, I want to live in Sydney".

Vinny

Fair enough but it's not like he will go under the radar in Sydney :P

Ricochet

Its not about completely flying under the radar. Its about not having reporters camped outside your house or being hassled in the street all the time