Is Hawthorn superstar Lance Franklin closing in on his last game for the club?

Started by Ricochet, September 18, 2013, 09:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

What about from Buddy's side... With the natural change in value of money, what if in 4-5 years time he is worth 2million a year. He could have sold himself cheaply. Although he will be 30+

20 years ago Lynch signed a 10 year contract for something like 1.5million total

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on October 01, 2013, 04:28:18 PM
Attention on game day and official footy business is not the same as being hassled when at the shops or walking dow the street.

Believe it or not fellas but it is a major factor in this move.

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Franklin-motivated-by-desire-to-leave-Melbourne-Ireland/61979

Lance Franklins impending move to Sydney is motivated out of a desire to leave the "fishbowl" environment of Melbourne according to Swans chief executive Andrew Ireland.

henry

Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2013, 12:11:36 PM
Attention on game day and official footy business is not the same as being hassled when at the shops or walking dow the street.

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Franklin-motivated-by-desire-to-leave-Melbourne-Ireland/61979

Lance Franklins impending move to Sydney is motivated out of a desire to leave the "fishbowl" environment of Melbourne according to Swans chief executive Andrew Ireland.
So let's go and buy a house in Bondi, will hardly be noticed there lol  ::). He's bound to be recognised wherever he goes, just a fact of being a high profile footballer. Oh well, good luck in the future bud except when you play us I hope Lake towels you up.

Vinny

I really don't want to see him play for the Swans. Would have been fine and happy for GWS but the Swans?! :(

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: henry on October 02, 2013, 07:55:29 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2013, 12:11:36 PM

So let's go and buy a house in Bondi, will hardly be noticed there lol  ::). He's bound to be recognised wherever he goes, just a fact of being a high profile footballer. Oh well, good luck in the future bud except when you play us I hope Lake towels you up.

I don't think you've actually been to Sydney before.

No one will notice him really. Anything he does will be stuck in middle of the paper and he'll get 50x less attention.

Sporting fans in Sydney: 80% NRL, 10% Rugby union, 10% AFL

Nige

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 02, 2013, 08:19:22 PM
Sporting fans in Sydney: 80% NRL, 10% Rugby union, 10% AFL

From the several times I've gone to Sydney, this is accurate.

roo boys!

I love how casually everyone just talks about these figures of $1.4/$2 million whatever it may be.

Anything over I dunno $500k is just stupid amounts of money to be talking about for a sportsman, good on them they've really done well with themselves and I love that we invest so much into our stars.

But surely he'll survive perfectly well on $1.1 million compared to $1.4 or whatever it was, clearly the fishbowl effect is what got him out.

Nails

Quote from: roo boys! on October 02, 2013, 08:38:27 PM
I love how casually everyone just talks about these figures of $1.4/$2 million whatever it may be.

Anything over I dunno $500k is just stupid amounts of money to be talking about for a sportsman, good on them they've really done well with themselves and I love that we invest so much into our stars.

But surely he'll survive perfectly well on $1.1 million compared to $1.4 or whatever it was, clearly the fishbowl effect is what got him out.

Meanwhile soccer...

Vinny

Quote from: Nails on October 02, 2013, 09:11:10 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on October 02, 2013, 08:38:27 PM

Meanwhile soccer...

:P

Sep 2, 2013 - The Gareth Bale saga is over, with the Spurs midfielder signing for Real Madrid for a reported fee of $149.4 million per season.

Bones Bombers

How does the veterans payments work? Will they be able to put a % of Buddy's payment on that at a certain age? This contract could ruin the Swans if they're not careful. They must have something planned.

JBs-Hawks

Ziplock

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 02, 2013, 09:59:40 PM
Pretty sure veteran is 100k per veteran

veteran has half their salary not count to cap...

even so, veteran is 10 years with the club isnt it?

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ziplock on October 02, 2013, 10:19:14 PM

Thought it changed in the last year or two?

Ziplock

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 02, 2013, 10:22:16 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on October 02, 2013, 10:19:14 PM

Thought it changed in the last year or two?

'A club cannot operate under both rules at once and when a club has changed to the new Veterans

Mailman the 2nd

only veterans before 2011 can be applicable to the over 30 rule, Franklin would have to go under the 10 year one