Previous topic - Next topic

antonc

Jukes

>Have him in Worlds

DAMAGE CONTROL

antonc

Anyone any idea where he is going?

LF

Funny this has come out because I heard a rumour the other day that the Eagles were after him.
I was like yeah sure what BS but now it could be true.

Ricochet

Mark Stevens ‏@Stevo7AFL 2m
Taking it a bit far to say Martin has def walked out .. Crisis yes, and looking options, but those close to Martin surprised by headlines

popedelio

Quote from: luvfooty on September 16, 2013, 12:47:44 PM
Funny this has come out because I heard a rumour the other day that the Eagles were after him.

He won't be heading to WC. I think at this stage the most likely destination is Carlton or North Melbourne. Though whoever wants him probably needs to offer their first round pick. Meaning he is unlikely to go to Essedon, unless they give up a quality player. This is why I think North may get him, tade away pick 7 (may need one more little incentive), then they can use there second round pick on f/s for Luke McDonald, would be a very good move by North indeed :)

Rusty00

Quote from: popedelio on September 16, 2013, 01:41:04 PM

He won't be heading to WC. I think at this stage the most likely destination is Carlton or North Melbourne. Though whoever wants him probably needs to offer their first round pick. Meaning he is unlikely to go to Essedon, unless they give up a quality player. This is why I think North may get him, tade away pick 7 (may need one more little incentive), then they can use there second round pick on f/s for Luke McDonald, would be a very good move by North indeed :)
North likely to have use first round pick on Luke McDonald.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-04/high-price-for-mcdonald

Ricochet

The Run Home ‏@therunhome 33m
We'll have the latest on Dustin Martin from 4 - calls that he's "quit the club" appear to be pre-mature

popedelio

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 16, 2013, 03:35:34 PM
Quote from: popedelio on September 16, 2013, 01:41:04 PM

North likely to have use first round pick on Luke McDonald.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-04/high-price-for-mcdonald

But if they trade away their first round pick, then their first pick in the draft will be their second round, meaning they can secure McDonald. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Bill Manspeaker

@popedelio: it won't matter, if they don't take him in the first round, i'm pretty sure another team can pick him up. and from what i know, the kid's a gun so it's pretty much a given he'll get snapped up before the second round

popedelio

Quote from: brad on September 16, 2013, 04:49:58 PM
@popedelio: it won't matter, if they don't take him in the first round, i'm pretty sure another team can pick him up. and from what i know, the kid's a gun so it's pretty much a given he'll get snapped up before the second round

ok nm, forget everything I said, it was not useful hahahah. Though North would still be interested hahahaha :)

Ricochet

Dustin Martin ‏@DustinMartin4

There have been a lot of conflicting stories going around about myself and the Richmond Footy Club.

At the weekend, I asked my manager Ralph Carr to request an extension of time from Richmond, to allow me to fully consider the options about my future.

This decision was made purely by me, together with my family. As you can understand, this is a very important decision for myself and my family and one that I won't make lightly.

I want to make it clear that I appreciate everyone's patience in allowing me the time to make this decision.

The claims that I have walked out on the Richmond Football Club are totally incorrect. I can tell you that at this time, no decision has been made regarding my future

henry

Yeah I was shocked when I first heard this, clearly now it's not entirely accurate, the fact that he has said he will field offers from other clubs though makes it seem likely he will leave.

Seriously if I was Richmond, I would definitely consider letting him go. Although it would be extremely annoying for them to lose a player that they have invested so much time into, to be honest at the moment he is not a great player, a flashy one and I think they could cope fine without him. His off-field issues have barely decreased, despite all the time they have spent trying to help him, and it may simply be that he's more trouble than he's worth. He could also be having a negative impact on the younger players. I'd let him go if he doesn't want to be there, just get something decent in return.

Money

I think leaving would damge his career, especially if he went to GWS, he would then most likely become the No.1 tag target at the Giants and would screw him over badly

fertalong

now that gws has passed on dusty, im pretty sure no other clubs would want him for the asking price.
He'll likely stay at Richmond.