Brent Stanton
Price: Approx. $535,000
Position: Midfielder

2009: 22 games, 101 average
2010: 20 games, 100 average
2011: 20 games, 106 average
2012: 20 games, 107 average

2013: 21 games, 103 average
2013 Scores: 115, 142, 109, 130, 114, 51*, DNP, 78**, 144, 149, 52***, 103, 103, 126****, 107, 80, 89, 73, 100, 96, 61***, 149
*Was top of game for DT with 51 a quarter and a half in before going down with injury
**Still struggling through the injury, and was tagged by Raines
***Heavily tagged by Curnow, who is apparently a beast tag on outside players. Play with caution against Carlton when Curnow is playing.
****Hurt leg before half time and spent some time off the ground, came back and hit a good score.

Summary: A solid 2013 with a couple injury-affected and Curnow-affected games. Had a lot of good scores- 142, 144, 149, 149 and 130 for example. Really averaged 107.5 without the injured games, and 113.5 without the Curnow games too. Third highest ever DT score without kicking 10+ goals, the highest without kicking a goal, and second highest overall since DT began. Built to play dream team. Starting to learn to evade the tag- scored 109 on Crowley, highest score on ground.

Verdict: Super ceiling and is probably hitting his DT peak, a bit underpriced too because of the injury and Curnow games. A lock for me at this stage; 108 average for the season, assuming no injuries- 120 average pre-byes.

Colliwobblers

madness how good he was AGAIN front end of the season, this must be a bombers thing not just a stanton thing, wonder if they can fix it....

got to consider him early if trades are all but unlimited again.

scary how good at DT he can be if he becomes untaggable

henry

No thanks, absolutely detest him as a player and I can't bring myself to put him in my team on those principles lol. Is also capable of the real stinker, I'm talking under 70 whereas most premo mids never drop below 80. Could be a good pick, not for me though.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: henry on September 15, 2013, 07:10:07 PM
No thanks, absolutely detest him as a player and I can't bring myself to put him in my team on those principles lol. Is also capable of the real stinker, I'm talking under 70 whereas most premo mids never drop below 80. Could be a good pick, not for me though.

true , no matter how many 140+ he gives you , that 50,60,70 is still gonna leave you feeling robbed and bashed and left for dead :)

Vinny

What a start to the season! Not a fan but if he was to put up those scores all year round, wow that would be hard to ignore. :o

Good write-up Jukes.

Ricochet

This guy could be an Ablett DT wise. He and the Bombers just need this scandal to go away, have a full preseason and launch into 2014

Rusty00

Was going to start with him this year banking on a hot start again and then decided not to  :(

Hopefully he doesn't play Curnow and the Blues early next season  ;)

pommyadam

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 16, 2013, 10:42:30 AM
Was going to start with him this year banking on a hot start again and then decided not to  :(

Hopefully he doesn't play Curnow and the Blues early next season  ;)

i dunno
2 trades per week, and if Essendon open up with StKilda (Jones), Brisbane (Raines), Carlton (Curnow), Freo(Crowley) and GWS(Whiley/Whoever) then he could be dirt cheap come rd6
A man can dream

actually, based on this year, starting with him and then sidetrading to Swan around the byes would've been a great move

Capper

You can only get him pre-bye and the last round though.

Will look to maybe start him next year but will be traded before the byes

SydneyRox

Rusty00

Virtually aplayer you can't keep the whole year. Get on him during his hot streak and then kick to the kerb.

Bones Bombers

He may need to lower his preseason effort. He is the best trainer at the club and it gives him a great start but he tires too early in the season. If he can keep himself fresh longer into the season he will be a superstar. Not sure he can do it.

Jroo

I'll start with him then dump him after his bye  :P

Sweetness

I reckon 1st upgrade for me.
Jump on after he has been held by Curnow in Rd 3.

The_Captain

Quote from: Sweetness on December 19, 2013, 08:38:56 AM
I reckon 1st upgrade for me.
Jump on after he has been held by Curnow in Rd 3.

No point. Price rise is after 2 games. Will go 150 150. Then Curnow will go to Watson anyway. Will have 2 price rises after that! No point jumoing on then. Its either begin with him, or not have him at all. No in between.