AXVS: 2013 OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD

Started by Colliwobblers, September 15, 2013, 09:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

I'm back, I can't wait for my pick at 55  ::)
Good work guys, you've gone through this pretty quickly.

Colliwobblers

Been away for work, going away again shortly, thanks to BB for keeping on top of things.

Sorry Nails if this came across harsh, as I said earlier this was not solely directed at you just frustrations that the rules i took time to make sure everyone knew, many did not seem to know when the time came to follow them, then the arguments and negative feedback comes when it should have come earlier when we could have done something about it, which now we certainly cannot.

Next season AGAIN we will open the rules and settings up to discussion and votes for changes. but until then what we have is what we have to go by as far as rules and settings.

Several clubs have had negative impacts from the rules, and that bothers me also but there is nothing that can be done about it now, for example I think it a travesty that Jack Martin will not be on an AXVS senior list this season, but it happened.

We will revisit everything next season, but i hope the majority of coaches here can appreciate the theme of trying to emulate running an afl club/list here and making the comp somewhat more than just a point scoring fantasy footy comp.

Sure it will be harder to play the comp, but hopefully more rewarding and create more long term interest from the coaches involved.

Quote from: Nails on November 29, 2013, 11:01:12 PM
I was more saying I just think rookies should be allowed onto senior list, not total chaos.

Let's face it, there's unofficial rookies, as in players that might be senior listed technically but are treated/viewed by the club as rookies anyway.

And Heath Scotland was actually delisted and redrafted in the rookie draft colli.
He was available to other clubs. He was taken pick 53 by Carlton. It happens all the time, Brisbane Lions did it with Callum Bartlett or whoever it was.

Quote from: whatlez on November 29, 2013, 10:58:54 PM
Nails this is why a lot of us fixed up our lists in preparation......

My list was fixed :( I just passed on the last pick thinking I could just pick a rookie anyway (my mistake). Wish I could just change my passed pick to an upgrade, doesn't really effect anyone.

Quote from: BB67th on November 29, 2013, 10:57:02 PM
Alright guys no need to get angry with each other here.

Nails, it is unfortunate what has happened to you with the way the rules work, but these things happen, and your team will not be majorly affected by it.

We have rules in place and at the end of the day it is up to coaches to check them and plan their teams according to these rules.

If they need to change in the future, then so be it, but for now they are as they are written, and need to be followed as such.

It's a major affection. Wait and see James Harmes is a 100 average midfielder 2014 season.

Justin Bieber

Adamant

Nails just posted in a WXV thread so hopefully should pick soon.

Nails

Yeah guys, just been online for like since I posted that Worlds post. Hadn't been on in like forever so was unaware it was my pick.

Pick will be up soon, I had just ordered lunch so I've got to go pick it up now and will pick upon my return post discussion with vinny.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on December 01, 2013, 04:11:22 PM
Yeah guys, just been online for like since I posted that Worlds post. Hadn't been on in like forever so was unaware it was my pick.

Pick will be up soon, I had just ordered lunch so I've got to go pick it up now and will pick upon my return post discussion with vinny.
#pathetic

Nails

Darcy Byrne Jones please

man for an old team chasing a premiership we sure have a lot of young kids!

BB67th

Thanks for all the pms everyone.

For my last two picks of the draft here I will have Archie Smith and Luke Tapscott. I'll also update all the lists now.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Noz on November 30, 2013, 06:23:05 PM
I think our players that we get compensated for leave our list after the rookie draft finishes then we have to pick from the pool of left over players that are not on an AFL rookie list.

Before I pick is this correct?

So I can't just draft an extra player in this draft to replace Jolly (even though I have a couple of extra picks). I have to wait until a subsequent draft?

If so it will change who I take here.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 01, 2013, 08:55:47 PM
I think our players that we get compensated for leave our list after the rookie draft finishes then we have to pick from the pool of left over players that are not on an AFL rookie list.

So I can't just draft an extra player in this draft to replace Jolly (even though I have a couple of extra picks). I have to wait until a subsequent draft?

You can draft a player in this draft to replace delisted players you kept on your list through delistings.

you midd being able to take a national draft pick becasue jolly was on your list.

but as soon as he is no longer on an afl list or able to get onto one he is automatically delisted.

which for us is BEFORE this draft.

therefore at the start of this draft he was / is not on your list.

therefore what picks you have in this draft can be and have to be used to replace him.

if you don't have enough then you are given a compensation pick at the end of this draft.

nails and another coach are in the same boat and the same rule applies to them.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 01, 2013, 09:09:33 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 01, 2013, 08:55:47 PM

You can draft a player in this draft to replace delisted players you kept on your list through delistings.

you midd being able to take a national draft pick becasue jolly was on your list.

but as soon as he is no longer on an afl list or able to get onto one he is automatically delisted.

which for us is BEFORE this draft.

therefore at the start of this draft he was / is not on your list.

therefore what picks you have in this draft can be and have to be used to replace him.

if you don't have enough then you are given a compensation pick at the end of this draft.

nails and another coach are in the same boat and the same rule applies to them.

Ok excellent.

In that case for this pick I'll have Nick Bourke who goes onto the rookie list leaving one more pick (to replace Jolly) to finish off our drafting.

Noz

Wait so we can use our rookie picks to replace players that were going to be compensated?

Adamant

I'll grab the porpoise, Jason Porplyzia - to the senior list thanks Colli/BB.

Should still be serviceable forward depth.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Noz on December 01, 2013, 09:26:50 PM
Wait so we can use our rookie picks to replace players that were going to be compensated?

Assuming you have enough rookie picks then yes.

Noz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 01, 2013, 09:36:17 PM
Quote from: Noz on December 01, 2013, 09:26:50 PM

Assuming you have enough rookie picks then yes.

If this is true this is flower because i was told i had to pass and i had to wait until the end of the draft to get a compo pick for Mellington i still had rookie picks.