AXVS: 2013 OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD

Started by Colliwobblers, September 15, 2013, 09:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Had an early night as I have another long day of this leadership course again today.

Was looking to add one more young defender to the mix so will take Jack Hutchins please.

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to pick again until tonight but we don't have another pick for a while so hopefully that is ok.

BB67th

I will take another young gun coming through the ranks in Justin Clarke.

BB67th

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 29, 2013, 11:40:17 AM
Had an early night as I have another long day of this leadership course again today.

Was looking to add one more young defender to the mix so will take Jack Hutchins please.

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to pick again until tonight but we don't have another pick for a while so hopefully that is ok.
What list would you like Hutchins to go on? You still have 1 senior list spot with 3 rookie list spots.

Please specify what list you would like a player to go on if you have spaces on both lists available.

Colliwobblers

Louis Herbert for the Vipers please and thank you.

Nails

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 29, 2013, 06:59:38 PM
Louis Herbert for the Vipers please and thank you.

Damn it, was kinda considering this guy but didn't properly consider him until after I made my pick. Gun potential.

Am I wrong to be getting excited about these rookies? Part of me thinks "surely if they're going to be guns they'd be taken in the nat draft"

Then I remember Tom Rockliff was taken with the last pick in the rookie draft.

Ricochet

Nah you are right, there's heaps of talent left from that rookie draft

tbagrocks

Nails

I'm stoked with Blayne Wilson, he has huge potential and has already shown in with like 4 75+ scores in DT...

Should get plenty of games next year

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 29, 2013, 07:21:06 PM
Good pick CW

thanks Tbag, i don't do as much reseasrch these days as some of you but he looks like a player and a defender was next on my list.

now to find me a fwd...

JBs-Hawks

Nige

elephants

Quote from: Nails on November 29, 2013, 07:23:44 PM

Interesting you say that. Over who?

Our back 6 is the most settled part of our team by a long way.

Schofield -- Glass -- Butler
Hurn -- Mackenzie -- Waters

Then we have Brown to cover Glassy when he has his rests and Yeo and Brennan to cover Waters and Buter when they get injured.

It is after this that we look at Blayne and he is classed in the same group as Brad Sheppard, Adam Carter and Ashley Smith as blokes that will need to show awesome WAFL form or see a ton of injuries (like last season) to get any real look in.

Don't get me wrong, I like Blayne Train. But I really see him plying his trade in the WAFL for another couple of years yet. Oh, he's also a right-footer which means him and Adam Simpson have beef already haha.

Colliwobblers

so i need a fwd, but can't pass the local talent up

last pick for the vipers

Isaac Conway

tbagrocks

Not sure on just where Reynolds will play his footy, either have him at ff or use him like a smaller Westhoff, either way, not convinced on him at the level yet, maybe half back even, curious to see how he does go and where when given the opportunity

One thing for sure, he has the X factor, not Dami's level, but something to work with, will help the Blues if he does grow a little

Still not a big stats winner but, that could come, nice pick JB

Nails

Quote from: elephants on November 29, 2013, 07:48:23 PM
Quote from: Nails on November 29, 2013, 07:23:44 PM

Interesting you say that. Over who?

Our back 6 is the most settled part of our team by a long way.

Schofield -- Glass -- Butler
Hurn -- Mackenzie -- Waters

Then we have Brown to cover Glassy when he has his rests and Yeo and Brennan to cover Waters and Buter when they get injured.

It is after this that we look at Blayne and he is classed in the same group as Brad Sheppard, Adam Carter and Ashley Smith as blokes that will need to show awesome WAFL form or see a ton of injuries (like last season) to get any real look in.

Don't get me wrong, I like Blayne Train. But I really see him plying his trade in the WAFL for another couple of years yet. Oh, he's also a right-footer which means him and Adam Simpson have beef already haha.

Got games end of last year and was WCE B.O.G.

Mate look at your back 6, you'll be lucky to get 5 games between them.

West Coast Eagles more like West Coast Injuries.