AXVS: 2013 OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD

Started by Colliwobblers, September 15, 2013, 09:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Ok thanks CW I must have misunderstood then.

I must have assumed that this "top up player" was like a end of rookie pick and wouldn't have to go on our senior list but would be like a rookie selection where, like in the AFL, if the club has a senior position vacant they can choose who t elevate... Idk I might be wrong but that was what i thought we could do :-\

Adamant

Hey Colli, what happens with the compo picks? since I chose to keep Jordan Gysberts on my list, and he didn't get picked up, do I get my compo pick at the end of the rookie draft with the available players?

elephants

Quote from: Noz on November 27, 2013, 11:01:06 PM
Get home to find that its my pick yet no one has the decency to message me 

I might decide to us my entire time for this pick   :)

Attention whore awards 2014.

Noz

Quote from: elephants on November 27, 2013, 11:16:27 PM

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Adamant on November 27, 2013, 11:13:43 PM
Hey Colli, what happens with the compo picks? since I chose to keep Jordan Gysberts on my list, and he didn't get picked up, do I get my compo pick at the end of the rookie draft with the available players?

yes

elephants

Quote from: Noz on November 27, 2013, 11:18:03 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 27, 2013, 11:16:27 PM

Haha, sorry. Probably a bit harsh :P

To be fair though, it would have been nice to cop a PM but you're here now so you can pick ;)

Noz

Okay well i was tossing up between 4 players but since i get a compo pick hopefully one of them will last, Highly doubt they will but  i have faith you guys will do no research at all  :)

My first and only rookie to be picked this year built a pretty good resume following the 2013 season:

2013 All Australian, Strurt most promosing Award 2013, SANFL Rising Star Nomination 2013, Averaged 20 disposals in the national championships (86.5% efficiency  :o), Averaged 20 disposals in the SANFL, Averaged 24 disposals in the SANFL ressies.

Has a sneaky chance at being named a DEF/MID which is pretty good as i am in need of quality defenders and you can really never have to many midfielders.

Sir James Battersby

tbagrocks

Quote from: Noz on November 27, 2013, 11:24:06 PM
Okay well i was tossing up between 4 players but since i get a compo pick hopefully one of them will last, Highly doubt they will but  i have faith you guys will do no research at all  :)

My first and only rookie to be picked this year built a pretty good resume following the 2013 season:

2013 All Australian, Strurt most promosing Award 2013, SANFL Rising Star Nomination 2013, Averaged 20 disposals in the national championships (86.5% efficiency  :o), Averaged 20 disposals in the SANFL, Averaged 24 disposals in the SANFL ressies.

Has a sneaky chance at being named a DEF/MID which is pretty good as i am in need of quality defenders and you can really never have to many midfielders.

Sir James Battersby
flower you are kidding! Nice one, have the crows version of Chad Wingard ;)

but flower flower flower :-[

Edit: I think you mean a sneaky chance of gaining midfield status  ;) , but flower flower flower >:(

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Toga on November 27, 2013, 11:06:29 PM
Ok thanks CW I must have misunderstood then.

I must have assumed that this "top up player" was like a end of rookie pick and wouldn't have to go on our senior list but would be like a rookie selection where, like in the AFL, if the club has a senior position vacant they can choose who t elevate... Idk I might be wrong but that was what i thought we could do :-\

sorry it wasn't clear you are not alone in having misunderstood things. the post above which is what i pm everyone and posted in every thread should make it all clear, if not shoot me a pm.

things may change slightly next season, we will vote on any and all popular changes and ideas, but we will within reason given what we set out to achieve when creating AXVS was to have a life like AFL like competition that was not just fantasy football points scoring based but more than that in an experience of actually running a club playing each week but also managing a list.

the list management part is proving tricky but  this is our first year at it, and it is a fundamental part of this competition.

to dumb it down and make it easy and take all the afl based limitations and rules away to me would make this NOT AXVS.

not to say there is not areas and room for improvement and some tweaks that can be / need to be made, but the time for that ( like this season) will be after the 2014 grand final, and there will be another thread up (like there was this season) for all of you to post any and all changes you think can improve AXVS.

Colliwobblers

not sure about the sledge on any of us doing any research Noz - but great pick :)

Noz

Big Boy Benny Brown, Daniel McStay, Jarred Jansen, Tom Langdon and James Battersby quite pleased with my drafting  8)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Noz on November 27, 2013, 11:32:57 PM
Big Boy Benny Brown, Daniel McStay, Jarred Jansen, Tom Langdon and James Battersby quite pleased with my drafting  8)

did you get time to pm TABS amongst your gloating :)

Noz

Capper

This guy is gong to be another gun for the Swans

Shane Biggs

Memphistopheles

Thought I had a very good NAT draft but my choice for this draft have pretty much all gone already. Everyone chosen so far was on my list for Pick 12.

I'll pick soon, just weighing up a few options.