AXVS: 2013 OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD

Started by Colliwobblers, September 15, 2013, 09:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Seeing as we will be waiting until Colli comes around for the next pick, and the discussion here seems pretty pointless at the moment, I am going to lock the thread.

It is evident that there has been a mistake in communication somewhere along the line, so we will wait for Cw and see what decision we come to.

Colliwobblers

Firstly the posting and fighting and negativity in the thread is disappointing in the extreme.

Secondly the following is the facts:

1. Everyone was sent rules which were updated prior to the drafts and delistings.

2. Everyone was messaged asking them to check their lists.

3. A rule that existed in regards to delisted players and compensation picks existed for the INITIAL DRAFT ONLY.

4. After the issue of delisted (by the afl clubs) players came up this season a new rule had to be made. That rule was made, posted in this thread, and also in the rules at the top post of this thread.

5. If you were not advised of or aware of this new rule it is because i did not think it would apply to anyone as everyone surely checked their lists before the drafts as they were instructed to.

6. The rule pre drafts on compo picks involve the following:

a) If a player is delisted for any reason after the drafts you receive a compo pick before the season commences.

b) If you go UNDER your list cap at completion of trade period 2, you get compo picks following the trade period to top up your list.

There was no rule on what happens to the players you choose to hang onto through our delisting deadline, who have been delisted by their AFL clubs.

This was an error in being left out of the rules, so once Naild raised the issue during the AXVS preseason/rookie draft. THERE WAS NO RULE IN PLACE - one had to be created.

I discussed it breifly with the other administrotor and given the fact it had to be ruled on immediately, I put my view forward which he accepted and the NEW RULE was created.

It was posted in the body of the draft thread, and posted at the top in the first post of the draft thread outling the rules.

So the new rule is the only way to do it that makes any sense.

KEEPING PLAYERS ON YOUR LIST WHO ARE DELISTED BY AFL CLUBS

If you choose to keep players on your list who are delisted by AFL clubs the following will occur.

1. They remain on your list throughout the AXVS national draft and you cannot draft players to replace them.
2. Following the AFL preseason and rookie drafts if these players are not relisted by an AFL club they are immediately and automatically delisted prior to the commencement of the AXVS preseason/rookie draft.
3.  If during the AFL preseason or rookie draft they are drafted you must keep them.

If you have any isues with the new rule pm an admin about it, these derogatory posts in threads are not condusive to a good environment for anyone.

If you have players who are delisted on your list advise an admin so they can be removed.

If you have picks you have been passed on and gaps on your list (DUE TO THESE DELISTED PLAYERS)

YOU CAN TAKE A PICK TO REPLACE THEM AT ANY TIME, AS YOU SHOULD HAVE PICKED WHEN YOU WERE PASSED

Colliwobblers

The draft can recommence once Noz had taken any picks that he has been passed on which he needs to / should have taken.

once Noz has posted his players to be removed and picks to replace we can commence from wherever we are up to.

BB will advise on the change to the delisting (post trade period 2 rule) he has made the call on.

Justin Bieber

So what would I do when it's my turn?

Nails

Thanks for using your post to back up every single thing I said Colli

#cheers

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on December 02, 2013, 09:00:30 PM
So what would I do when it's my turn?

nothing about this draft or the rules have changed ,except the rule mentioned above.

so if you have delisted players on your list you need to advise admin, we remove them, you use what rookie/preseason axvs draft picks you have when you have them to replace the players.

if that does not apply to you as you have no afl delisted players on your list, you just take your pick when it is up to you to replace vacancies on your lists under the existing rules.

Noz is up, as is anyone who has been passed where they should have picked, like a skipped pick they can pick at any time, but the draft will not wait for them.

however given noz is on we will wait for him because that is a sportsmanlike thing to do and he has already been disadvantaged enough due to an admin error in not having complete rules.

BB67th

Yes we will wait for Noz now and we apologise that this rule didn't reach your ears Noz.

As for you Whatlez, after discussing it, we have decided that any player can be delisted in the after second period delistings. You will still need to draft somewhere here though as you still need 46 on your list at the completion of these drafts.

Justin Bieber

So the player I take, I can delist as well?

BB67th

Quote from: whatlez on December 02, 2013, 09:14:33 PM
Yes, that's correct. So it's probably best to just take a spud that no one is going to pick if you don't plan on keeping them.

Justin Bieber

So essentially, I can be a good bloke and pick the biggest spud left, so I don't pick a better player that someone like Memph needs.

KoopKicka

Quote from: BB67th on December 02, 2013, 09:22:58 PM
Yes, that's correct. So it's probably best to just take a spud that no one is going to pick if you don't plan on keeping them.

wait, so we can pick after our squad is full and then just delist them?

Not to be difficult, but I wouldve used 39 if that was the case.

tbagrocks

Anyone would think a bunch of girls run Asia with all the doging ::) 

BB67th

Quote from: whatlez on December 02, 2013, 09:23:09 PM
So essentially, I can be a good bloke and pick the biggest spud left, so I don't pick a better player that someone like Memph needs.
Well, it would be the nice thing to do. The whole reason I wanted the rule in the first place was so that you couldn't draft a player that someone else is after and then delist them, essentially blocking them from drafting a player. So, yeah, if you are definitely going to delist them, then I would just pick the biggest spud left.

Nails

Quote from: KoopKicka on December 02, 2013, 09:26:12 PM

This wasn't said anywhere?

It's because there's a trade period following and you might trade 2 players in for 1 of your players then you have to delist kinda thing.

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 02, 2013, 09:27:21 PM
Anyone would think a bunch of girls run Asia with all the doging ::) 

I wasn't doging, I was just telling facts. Notice everything I said was backed up by Colli? ;)

BB67th

Quote from: Nails on December 02, 2013, 09:29:31 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on December 02, 2013, 09:26:12 PM

This wasn't said anywhere?

It's because there's a trade period following and you might trade 2 players in for 1 of your players then you have to delist kinda thing.

Yes what Nails said here is correct. At the end of the drafts you must have a full list of 46 players. Delistings after the second trade period can only occur if you trade ore players in during the period than out meaning you have more than 46 players on your list.