AXVS: 2013 OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD

Started by Colliwobblers, September 15, 2013, 09:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: Noz on December 02, 2013, 04:13:27 PM
Um there were club delistings last year because at the end of the rookie draft we had a separate compensation draft where we all got to pick up players with our compensated picks. This was AFTER all 3 drafts had been completed.

WE didn't DELIST.

Asians didn't have a delisting period mate.

Those picks were mostly for me (I got flowered the hardest) It was for players who had delisted/retired after being selected that season. i.e. Jason Gram was fired or whatever from St. Kilda therefore I got a compo pick. Nobody delisted players from their club

They are totally 100% different situations.

Adamant

Just to help BB out a bit...

ROUND 4:

49. Taiwan Dolphins - Nick Bourke
N50. Tibetan Llamas - PASS
50. Tibetan Llamas - PASS
N51. Bangladesh Bears - Jason Porplyzia
51. Bangkok Crabs - Jeremy McGovern
52. Turkey Gazelles - PASS
53. KL Crocodiles - Darren Michington
N54. Laos Elephants - Kyle Cheney
54. Laos Elephants - Matthew Spangher
N55. PNG Head Hunters - Daniel Robinson
55. UAE Tigers - Leigh Osborne
56. UAE Tigers - Kyle Hardingham
N57. Sri Lanka Strikers - PASS
57. Sri Lanka Strikers - PASS
N58. Turkey Gazelles - PASS
58. Hong Kong Dongs - Karl Amon
N59. Sri Lanka Strikers - PASS
59. PNG Head Hunters - PASS
60. Taiwan Dolphins
61. UAE Tigers
62. Laos Elephants
63. Manila Folders - PASS
64. Bangladesh Bears

Only 17 picks to go. 8)

Memphistopheles

I know I lambasted Whatlez for picking him but I'm actually really glad he changed his mind on this one.

With Jolly no longer playing and Tom Campbell and Tom Derickx our other rucks we face a problem if Kreuzer goes down with injury again.

So we'll have the guy who should play (even if he's a spud) if Kreuzer does miss a game in Cameron Wood.

That should be us done for the draft.

Jroo

Pick 61 - Brad Helbig - Rookie List

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 02, 2013, 06:05:52 PM
I know I lambasted Whatlez for picking him but I'm actually really glad he changed his mind on this one.

With Jolly no longer playing and Tom Campbell and Tom Derickx our other rucks we face a problem if Kreuzer goes down with injury again.

So we'll have the guy who should play (even if he's a spud) if Kreuzer does miss a game in Cameron Wood.

That should be us done for the draft.
Me changing had to nothing to do with what you said. I needed a senior player and I forgot I took Thurlow.

Justin Bieber

Jroo

Not many picks left now.
Round 4
49. Taiwan Dolphins - Nick Bourke
N50. Tibetan Llamas - PASS
50. Tibetan Llamas - PASS
N51. Bangladesh Bears - Jason Porplyzia
51. Bangkok Crabs - Jeremy McGovern
52. Turkey Gazelles - PASS
53. KL Crocodiles - Darren Michington
N54. Laos Elephants - Kyle Cheney
54. Laos Elephants - Matthew Spangher
N55. PNG Head Hunters - Daniel Robinson
55. UAE Tigers - Leigh Osborne
56. UAE Tigers - Kyle Hardingham
N57. Sri Lanka Strikers - PASS
57. Sri Lanka Strikers - PASS
N58. Turkey Gazelles - PASS
58. Hong Kong Dongs - Karl Amon
N59. Sri Lanka Strikers - PASS
59. PNG Head Hunters - PASS
60. Taiwan Dolphins - Cameron Wood
61. UAE Tigers - Brad Helbig
62. Laos Elephants - Taylor Hine
63. Manila Folders - PASS
64. Bangladesh Bears

Round 5

65. Kathmandu Eskimoes - PASS
N66. Tibetan Llamas - PASS
66. Tibetan Llamas - PASS
N67. Turkey Gazelles - PASS
67. Bangkok Crabs
N68. Vietnam Vipers - PASS
68. UAE Tigers
69. KL Crocodiles
70. Laos Elephants
N71. Mongolian Lambs - PASS
71. Bangladesh Bears
72. Australian Ales
N73. Sri Lanka Strikers - PASS
73. Sri Lanka Strikers - PASS
N74. Kathmandu Eskimoes - PASS
74. KL Crocodiles - PASS
75. PNG Head Hunters - PASS
N76. Taiwan Dolphins - PASS
76. Taiwan Dolphins - PASS
N77. Hong Kong Dongs - PASS
77. UAE Tigers
78. UAE Tigers
79. Manila Folders - PASS
80. Bangladesh Bears

Justin Bieber

I think I skip my next pick as I have one spot left on my left, but next period I will gain Hickey + Ibbotson and only lose Colquon.

BB67th

Quote from: whatlez on December 02, 2013, 06:53:19 PM
I think I skip my next pick as I have one spot left on my left, but next period I will gain Hickey + Ibbotson and only lose Colquon.
No, you will still need to take the pick to fill up your list, as they both must be full at the end of the drafts. If you have extras at the end of the trade period you will have to delist to get your list back to 46, but you cannot delist anyone you have drafted in these drafts.

BB67th

Also with the compensation pick issue, I was originally under the impression that it was as it was in the rulebook, but Colli seems to have a different view on it which he posted in the Draft Thread a little while back. Probably best to send him a pm about that.

And I will update the opening page a little later on when I get the chance, thanks to those who have kept running lists.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BB67th on December 02, 2013, 07:12:57 PM
No, you will still need to take the pick to fill up your list, as they both must be full at the end of the drafts. If you have extras at the end of the trade period you will have to delist to get your list back to 46, but you cannot delist anyone you have drafted in these drafts.
I don't want the next player?? So who am I going to delist??

BB67th

Quote from: whatlez on December 02, 2013, 07:14:28 PM
Hmm yeah, I'm not completely sure on whether this is the right idea myself. I'll chat with Colli about it, don't pick or skip your pick until we have a chat.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BB67th on December 02, 2013, 07:16:37 PM
Quote from: whatlez on December 02, 2013, 07:14:28 PM
Hmm yeah, I'm not completely sure on whether this is the right idea myself. I'll chat with Colli about it, don't pick or skip your pick until we have a chat.
Then I should of kept Jamie Bennell and would of delisted him at the end, then no one would get him. Strange...

Nails

elephant tits

Nails

Quote from: Noz on December 02, 2013, 06:26:50 PM
Quote from: Nails on December 02, 2013, 05:05:52 PM
Quote from: Noz on December 02, 2013, 04:13:27 PM
Um there were club delistings last year because at the end of the rookie draft we had a separate compensation draft where we all got to pick up players with our compensated picks. This was AFTER all 3 drafts had been completed.

WE didn't DELIST.

Asians didn't have a delisting period mate.

Those picks were mostly for me (I got flowered the hardest) It was for players who had delisted/retired after being selected that season. i.e. Jason Gram was fired or whatever from St. Kilda therefore I got a compo pick. Nobody delisted players from their club

They are totally 100% different situations.

Clearly the rule says if you need a compensation pick that it has to be taken at the end of all drafts. Thats what BXV are doing I'm pretty sure Euros are doing the same as well, Colli and BB automatically passed on my picks and i was advised i would need to wait until the end of the rookie draft to compensate Josh Mellington.

I lost both Sherman and Bower last year and i was compensated at the END of all drafts. Now the rules have somehow magically changed that you can compensate your players in the rookie draft.

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 15, 2013, 09:35:30 AM
* In the event you have more retirements and or delistings from your club than you have picks to replace those players you will recieve compensation picks at the end of the rookie/preseason draft to fill your team to the list cap levels.

Are you acting stupid Noz or is it just a coincidence?

I have picks to replace them.

Quote from: Nails on December 02, 2013, 07:19:16 PM

ASIAN 15'S OFFICIAL RULE BOOK

COMPENSATION PICKS:

In the event a player drafted in the "INITIAL DRAFT", is delisted prior to the first (2013) season, you will recieve a compensation pick for that player.

This player can be chosen from ALL undrafted players from the "INITIAL DRAFT" or "NATIONAL DRAFT".

This pick will be available to you immediantly following the release of 2013 lists by the AFL clubs. AND following the completion of all 3 of the above drafts.

This was because we had players who were getting DELISTED by their AFL club not their AXVs club.

This rule was bought in specifically for the INITIAL draft (i.e. the first ever draft in AXVs)

It prevented players from picking already delisted players to get a better nat draft/rookie draft pick.

It also had to be AFTER all the drafts as most of the players this applied to retired/delisted AFTER we had started all 3 drafts

I also wrote out a huge post quoting other things but it flowered up, gimme a minute