AXVS: 2013 OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD

Started by Colliwobblers, September 15, 2013, 09:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Damn I was hoping Wilson would slip to 37 :P

Nails

I was hoping he'd slip to 14...

Surprised he did, should've been top 10 if not top 5 imo.

Nige

I see that the Llamas are up.

I'll step in and take the pick.

We'll take Jack Fitzpatrick to add to our Melbourne ruck stocks of Gawn and Spencer.

Nails

Nige

Quote from: Nails on November 28, 2013, 12:17:30 PM
You're not tbag  :o
But I am his assistant and apparently I've been promoted to general manager.  :o  :P

Nails

I pm'd tbag for no reason at all then :'( y make me waste my time  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Adamant

Does the second trade period start immediately after the rookie draft Colli?

tbagrocks

Quote from: NigeyS on November 28, 2013, 12:17:08 PM
I see that the Llamas are up.

I'll step in and take the pick.

We'll take Jack Fitzpatrick to add to our Melbourne ruck stocks of Gawn and Spencer.
That's my boy! This is what good managers do! :D

Capper

Didnt have a proper look but Luke Delaney will do so i dont hold up the draft any more

Nails

Quote from: tabs on November 28, 2013, 04:11:47 PM
Didnt have a proper look but Luke Delaney will do so i dont hold up the draft any more

take your time, don't rush, could be a huge pick for you.

Capper

Quote from: Nails on November 28, 2013, 04:13:09 PM
Quote from: tabs on November 28, 2013, 04:11:47 PM

take your time, don't rush, could be a huge pick for you.
at work for another 2 hours, then 90 min trip home

no time for a good look

BB67th

Quote from: Toga on November 27, 2013, 11:06:29 PM
Ok thanks CW I must have misunderstood then.

I must have assumed that this "top up player" was like a end of rookie pick and wouldn't have to go on our senior list but would be like a rookie selection where, like in the AFL, if the club has a senior position vacant they can choose who t elevate... Idk I might be wrong but that was what i thought we could do :-\
Is there still any confusion over this or is it all good now?

The only time there is a 'top-up' pick is when a club trades our more players than they trade in during the second trade period, meaning they have a free list space.

Both lists must be full after the second trade period, so that is the only time in which the top-up picks come into play.

Toga

Yeah there still is a bit of confusion BB :-[

I just PMed Colli, will CC you now - I'm just confused because I already know I will have one spare senior spot after the second trade period, but I can't choose who on my rookie list to promote for THIS season (before permanently upgrading next year in the Nat Draft, as they do in the AFL)? It has to be some random I pick up in the supplementary draft (?) after trading?

Sorry if I'm confusing myself :-X

BB67th

Send me the pm Toga and we can talk about it there :)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Adamant on November 28, 2013, 03:34:20 PM
Does the second trade period start immediately after the rookie draft Colli?

i was going to but BB might over rule me :)

we have not decided yet that was the plan. we will discuss further and make a call.