Main Menu

Hawthorn vs Geelong Preliminary Final

Started by Mr.Craig, September 13, 2013, 10:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

Quote from: Cicjose on September 17, 2013, 01:40:35 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/will-hawthorn-choke-again-and-history-repat-against-geelong-in-preliminary-final/story-fni5f8ge-1226720863176
I know why they did the story, but really it's an insult to Geelong to suggest Hawthorn choked a lot of these games.

Personally I don't understand how they rate a game in which we were down by 51 points and only lead once in the entire game as a 10/10 choke  ??? ::)

Anyway I accept stuff like this will keep going on until we eventually beat the Cats.

tor01doc

No Chapman helps 'us'.

Kennett can flower off and his curse will be laid to rest on Friday night.

Hodge to show All Australian selectors he is twice the payer Mackie is.

Hawks by 27.

Meanwhile, way out in the wild west, a nil all draw is on the cards.

Mailman the 2nd

Mr.Craig

Shane Savage on the weekend - 23 kicks, 4 handballs, 10 marks, 7 tackles, 5 goals. 161 DT points.

Thoughts?

Rusty00

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 17, 2013, 07:30:02 PM
Shane Savage on the weekend - 23 kicks, 4 handballs, 10 marks, 7 tackles, 5 goals. 161 DT points.

Thoughts?
Not bad.

But seriously, if Rioli is fit we already have to drop one unlucky player (probably Shiels, Hill or Anderson). Hard to see us making too many changes even though Savage is obviously in great form.

Vinny

I actually think the curse will be broken, if they are going to do it, the prelim is the best time! Come on Hawks 8)

dirkdiggler

Quote from: vinny on September 18, 2013, 05:25:51 PM
I actually think the curse will be broken, if they are going to do it, the prelim is the best time! Come on Hawks 8)

yep. Hawks will win comfortably as well I think.

Nige

Rusty00

Nige

Scrads

No way, Poppy has lifted his game a lot this year. Out of every single team in the competition it is Geelong that we will need his relentless forward and midfield pressure the most. If you read the article they basically guess the title of the article based on the fact that Clarko and our fitness coach were chatting to both of them. Don't knowmwhy they couldn't have just been discussing rotations between the forward line and midfield with each other or combining their pressure in the forward line or which players to target or whatever.

Cannot see it happening, and disappointed if it does eventuate. Think it has to be Hill, Ando or Shiels for Rioli (and Savage VERY unlucky).

Rusty00

I can't see it happening either as Poppy's form in the last 2 months has been tremendous. Like you said Scrads you'd think it would have to out of Hill, Anderson or Shiels.

Mr.Craig

Scrads

Terrible luck for Jed, did not deserve to be dropped but unfortunately when someone like Rioli is out of the team, someone will have to make their way out for him.

Surprised Savage wasn't at least an emergency, but I guess Spangher, Ando and Cheney are just 3 different types of players just so that we can cover all bases.

Get pumped lads, we have been waiting for this moment since before I can remember. It is time 8)