Main Menu

Fisher could be on the move

Started by LF, September 12, 2013, 02:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-12/backs-could-be-moved

The Fisher scenario is intriguing, with Fairfax Media reporting that Greater Western Sydney is showing strong interest in the 191-game defender who was an All Australian in 2008.

Fisher played just nine games in 2013 because of injury but the interest from the Giants comes at a time when the Saints have promised to be aggressive around free agency and trading as they seek to bolster their playing stocks.

Fisher is reportedly close to Giants list manager Stephen Silvagni, who was his defensive coach while Ross Lyon was in charge at St Kilda.

Rusty00

Could be a swap for Josh Bruce as they look for youth whilst the giants looks for experience.

Nige

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a swap?

Nige

Probably not the place to post it but...

2013 Offseason News ‏@theafloffseason 2h

In case you missed the news, Tom "King" Curran has signed a new deal to remain at @stkildafc which will see him elevated to the senior list.

Bill Manspeaker

CurrEn Nigey :P

very exciting. primed to take Lenny's number 7 for sure. GUN

Nige

Quote from: brad on September 26, 2013, 06:48:07 PM
CurrEn Nigey :P

very exciting. primed to take Lenny's number 7 for sure. GUN

Haha, I know the spelling, I just copied and pasted the tweet.  ;)

Bill Manspeaker

sweet, that's fair enough then :P

i bet whoever tweeted that also says Jack Stevens.... who the hell is Jack Stevens? ya never hear Dal Santos or Armitages?

now that's something that grinds my gears. should've posted it in the front bar thread.

Nige

Quote from: brad on September 26, 2013, 07:54:14 PM
sweet, that's fair enough then :P

i bet whoever tweeted that also says Jack Stevens.... who the hell is Jack Stevens? ya never hear Dal Santos or Armitages?

now that's something that grinds my gears. should've posted it in the front bar thread.

Haha, amen to that!