Where/who can you see Freo signing this year?

Started by greendayz, September 11, 2013, 05:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

Arguably two of the best small forwards in the comp in Walters and Ballantyne

Yeah good call. Both are still young blokes though, Didak is a seasoned campaigner! I might shut up now :D

Rusty00

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 12, 2013, 11:45:27 AM
I still dont know why they didnt have a proper go at Buddy??!!

#INSANE

What about Harry O?
I'm a little surprised as well. The talk during the pre-season was they were cashed up ready to make a play for Buddy and then it all fizzled out.

anchorman

Quote from: MC on September 12, 2013, 11:51:33 AM
Quote from: anchorman on September 12, 2013, 12:57:22 AM
Quote from: MC on September 11, 2013, 10:30:49 PM
Didak could be an option. You'd get him for nothing and he could provide a spark for next year's flag assault. Would be shattered to see him in any other colours, but he is a freak!
You have to be saying that with tongue in cheek.why would we pick up a wash out player who couldn't get a game at Collingwood!!!It defies logic.
He would not fit into Ross Lyons wants and needs of his players.He wouldn't be able to attain the hight standards that Lyon asks of his players.That is why Buckley want him gone.
But one thing youa re right about he is a freak, just not sure how you mean though.

Nah mate, it's a low-risk high-reward situation. Freo are definitely in contention for the next few years, and if they don't get it this year they'll be looking for an edge over the competition. Sit him in a pocket and he could provide you with an easy 2 goals per game I reckon. Perfect sub-candidate as well. Without knowing the Freo list back to front, I can't think of many dangerous small forwards who could be match winners off their own boot. Dids could be your man. Think Stuart Dew 2008  8)
Have you not heard of Walters and Ballantyne,maybe Neale!!!!!.All at this stage better,much better value than Didak.
We would be crazy to even consider recruiting him to the club.He has no discipline and Lyon would not allow that.
comparing Didak and Dew is not computing with me.Dew had no baggage,other than a few pounds around the mid drift..Didak has plenty and I am not talking about pound or Kilos.

anchorman

Lyon said straight out he was not interested in Franklin.He was wanted by the club.It was all media hype.He rang Clarkson to tell him he was not interested.

Cicjose

Quote from: valkorum on September 12, 2013, 12:31:56 PM
Only 2 on that list that I would like at Freo

Buddy
Hodge

i would too but think that Hawks are not going to give either of them up when they are still chasing premierships

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on September 12, 2013, 08:02:48 PM
Quote from: valkorum on September 12, 2013, 12:31:56 PM
Only 2 on that list that I would like at Freo

Buddy
Hodge

i would too but think that Hawks are not going to give either of them up when they are still chasing premierships

Hawks may lose Buddy (GWS $$$) but they wont give up Hodge.  That being said if we could get Hodge then I would grab him in a heart beat.

Noz

Just looking at that list i can see Colin Sylvia playing in a freo jumper he could do very well at Freo.

valkorum

Quote from: Noz on September 12, 2013, 08:36:38 PM
Just looking at that list i can see Colin Sylvia playing in a freo jumper he could do very well at Freo.

Nope, dont want him.  He couldnt fit in to our midfield or forward line.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: valkorum on September 13, 2013, 09:14:16 AM
Quote from: Noz on September 12, 2013, 08:36:38 PM

Nope, dont want him.  He couldnt fit in to our midfield or forward line.

agree. Anyway..we don't need a big name looking for some coin, we just need to add players who will buy in and play their role. Given that two of our best players Spurr and Barlow were mature aged rookies I'd happily settle for adding another one or two guys like this.

valkorum

I think you mean A LOT of our best players were rookies

All of these players have been on the rookie list

Spurr
Barlow
Sandilands
Duffield
Crowley

anchorman

Ricochet

I think dirkdiggler was only making reference to mature age rookies

Ringo

What about Yeo if he decides he wants to return to WA,

valkorum

Quote from: Ringo on September 13, 2013, 05:08:59 PM
What about Yeo if he decides he wants to return to WA,

I think the Eagles would be more interested.  We would only be wanting stars (Taylor, Buddy etc) or key forwards

Cicjose