Where/who can you see Freo signing this year?

Started by greendayz, September 11, 2013, 05:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greendayz

Given our big available wage budget, which free agents do you think we'll chase down this year? And what positions do we need to bolster? If any? I think we need tall forwards but no one in particular springs to mind.

Out of the free agents list:
A) Who you'd like and why.
B) Who we'll get and why.

Cicjose

http://www.afl.com.au/news/free-agents

tbh not a lot to want from this list

Matt Thomas from Port or Matt White would be nice to add something to the midfield

we are better off going to the draft to get players tho

MC

Didak could be an option. You'd get him for nothing and he could provide a spark for next year's flag assault. Would be shattered to see him in any other colours, but he is a freak!

anchorman

Quote from: MC on September 11, 2013, 10:30:49 PM
Didak could be an option. You'd get him for nothing and he could provide a spark for next year's flag assault. Would be shattered to see him in any other colours, but he is a freak!
You have to be saying that with tongue in cheek.why would we pick up a wash out player who couldn't get a game at Collingwood!!!It defies logic.
He would not fit into Ross Lyons wants and needs of his players.He wouldn't be able to attain the hight standards that Lyon asks of his players.That is why Buckley want him gone.
But one thing youa re right about he is a freak, just not sure how you mean though.

Ricochet

Quote from: Cicjose on September 11, 2013, 09:19:03 PM

Matt Thomas from Port or Matt White would be nice to add something to the midfield

Only one on that list I want, we will not get

Rusty00

Quote from: Ricochet on September 12, 2013, 09:46:39 AM

You can't say that without divulging who it is  :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 12, 2013, 10:26:40 AM

Haha its no secret. We need key forwards

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Ricochet on September 12, 2013, 10:37:30 AM

Taberner will be very good. My mate played on him in the WAFL a couple of weeks back

Ricochet

Quote from: dirkdiggler on September 12, 2013, 11:37:35 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 12, 2013, 10:37:30 AM

Taberner will be very good. My mate played on him in the WAFL a couple of weeks back
He's still a long way off it

SydneyRox

I still dont know why they didnt have a proper go at Buddy??!!

#INSANE

What about Harry O?

Ricochet

No thanks, don't need Harry and his drama
We probably have enough running defenders

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on September 12, 2013, 11:41:13 AM
Quote from: dirkdiggler on September 12, 2013, 11:37:35 AM
He's still a long way off it
Both very true statements. He'll be a gun, but it'll take him at least another two years most likely. Slow and steady wins the race.  8)

MC

Quote from: anchorman on September 12, 2013, 12:57:22 AM
You have to be saying that with tongue in cheek.why would we pick up a wash out player who couldn't get a game at Collingwood!!!It defies logic.
He would not fit into Ross Lyons wants and needs of his players.He wouldn't be able to attain the hight standards that Lyon asks of his players.That is why Buckley want him gone.
But one thing youa re right about he is a freak, just not sure how you mean though.

Nah mate, it's a low-risk high-reward situation. Freo are definitely in contention for the next few years, and if they don't get it this year they'll be looking for an edge over the competition. Sit him in a pocket and he could provide you with an easy 2 goals per game I reckon. Perfect sub-candidate as well. Without knowing the Freo list back to front, I can't think of many dangerous small forwards who could be match winners off their own boot. Dids could be your man. Think Stuart Dew 2008  8)

Ricochet

Quote from: MC on September 12, 2013, 11:51:33 AM
Quote from: anchorman on September 12, 2013, 12:57:22 AM

Nah mate, it's a low-risk high-reward situation. Freo are definitely in contention for the next few years, and if they don't get it this year they'll be looking for an edge over the competition. Sit him in a pocket and he could provide you with an easy 2 goals per game I reckon. Perfect sub-candidate as well. Without knowing the Freo list back to front, I can't think of many dangerous small forwards who could be match winners off their own boot. Dids could be your man. Think Stuart Dew 2008  8)
Arguably two of the best small forwards in the comp in Walters and Ballantyne

valkorum

Only 2 on that list that I would like at Freo

Buddy
Hodge