Main Menu

AFL Live 2 Discussion Thread

Started by Jay, September 11, 2013, 01:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

I bought it the other day and when I first played it I thought it was terrible, but as I kept playing I started to enjoy.
It isn't too bad, the graphics are horrible and AFL Live 1 is better.
I like the idea where you can draft a fantasy team.

kilbluff1985

You worked how to do the stuff Jay can't yet? Lol help him out

nrich102

Want to know if I should buy it or not. Whats the difference between it and number 1, other than Players and Teams etc?

Vinny

Man, I am so excited for GTA V

Havent played PS3 in 12 months, that will change when it comes out ;)

Noz

Quote from: nrich102 on September 11, 2013, 05:05:39 PM
Want to know if I should buy it or not. Whats the difference between it and number 1, other than Players and Teams etc?
You can play in the VFL and TAC cup and you can play through 15 seasons thats pretty much it.

Jay

Quote from: Noz on September 11, 2013, 04:43:27 PM
Commentary is even worse then AFL live 1

Playing as port Jaspar Pittard gets suspended for 4 games i appeal and get off then i can't use him for the rest of my career because he is always listed as suspended

Reach the finals and every single game is played at the MCG, Even a video game hates interstate clubs i suppose thats realistic
Tom Harley is really pissing me off with his boring, repetetive commentary. Its pretty funny how you can appeal a 5 week suspension and the whole charge gets dropped. Finished 2bd on the ladder with Adelaide so forced to play Hawthorn in Melbourne. lolwut :o

Quote from: JROO8 on September 11, 2013, 04:56:00 PM
I bought it the other day and when I first played it I thought it was terrible, but as I kept playing I started to enjoy.
Yeah I'm getting better at it now haha. You can draft a fantasy team? :-\

Jroo

Quote from: Jayman on September 11, 2013, 06:31:49 PM
Quote from: Noz on September 11, 2013, 04:43:27 PM
Commentary is even worse then AFL live 1

Playing as port Jaspar Pittard gets suspended for 4 games i appeal and get off then i can't use him for the rest of my career because he is always listed as suspended

Reach the finals and every single game is played at the MCG, Even a video game hates interstate clubs i suppose thats realistic
Tom Harley is really pissing me off with his boring, repetetive commentary. Its pretty funny how you can appeal a 5 week suspension and the whole charge gets dropped. Finished 2bd on the ladder with Adelaide so forced to play Hawthorn in Melbourne. lolwut :o

Quote from: JROO8 on September 11, 2013, 04:56:00 PM
Yeah I'm getting better at it now haha. You can draft a fantasy team? :-\
Yeah go to competition and AFL and you should be able to work it out.

Noz

Just versed the Bulldogs and their fullback was none other than Libba.

Jay

Quote from: Noz on September 11, 2013, 06:38:43 PM
Just versed the Bulldogs and their fullback was none other than Libba.
Not as bad as Port having Wines as their ruckman...

Noz

Well only 6 more days until GTA comes out so thats a positive.

Jay

They shoulda kept the gameplay exactly the same as the original AFL Live, that was so much better. And then just added in the features such as career mode.

That feeling when you miss running into an open goal because you held kick down for too long... Tried to boot it into the 80th row! Didn't work, just scraped in for a point :(

Noz

I enjoyed playing the first AFL game i mean take away the tackling feast and add the new marking from AFL live 2 and the career mode and you have a pretty good game

Jroo

Quote from: Jayman on September 11, 2013, 06:52:13 PM
They shoulda kept the gameplay exactly the same as the original AFL Live, that was so much better. And then just added in the features such as career mode.

That feeling when you miss running into an open goal because you held kick down for too long... Tried to boot it into the 80th row! Didn't work, just scraped in for a point :(
Agree with you comepltey Jay.

It's a shame BigAnt wasn't involved in AFL Live 2, instead they used Wicked Witch who were the creators of the Wii game + iPad/iPhone game which is similar to AFL Live 2.

PowerBug

This sounds exactly like the Wii game. I have that, it is funny, not fun. ;) Having a kick in from fullback with a 30kph breeze at your back on the Wii, it can nearly bounce it into my fwd 50. :O And now that JROO8 just posted that it's from Wicked Witch, yeah it'd be identical lol. Totally not worth it then.

BigAnt know what they are doing though. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Jukes

GTA 5 map- said by Rockstar to be larger than San Andreas, GTA 4 Liberty City and Red Dead Redemption combined

and what it really looks like