Main Menu

AFL Live 2 Discussion Thread

Started by Jay, September 11, 2013, 01:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

I got it yesterday and am pretty disappointed. The gameplay is shower, probably worse than the first one - it just moves way too fast. Haven't found the right camera angle yet either which is pretty frustrating.

On a positive, career mode is awesome. Why you need to make your own player I have no idea, but the management stuff is pretty cool and detailed. The trading is nice and the ratings are pretty accurate but it is too easy e.g. I now have Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood, Lance Franklin, Nic Naitanui and Cyril Rioli on the Crows and I gave up none of my star players :o

Hoping that I get used to the gameplay more. What are your guys thoughts?

kilbluff1985

Yeah I read another review saying it was crap so I won't be getting it

Nige

Yeah, I've heard it's not great. I don't think I'll get it, I was pretty disappointed with AFL Live, and from what I've heard, this isn't much better.

GTA V looks amazing though, I'm keen for it.

Jay

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 11, 2013, 01:29:31 PM
Yeah I read another review saying it was crap so I won't be getting it
I don't regret getting it, still a heaps fun game. Just gotta get used to it!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: NigeyS on September 11, 2013, 01:39:01 PM

GTA V looks amazing though, I'm keen for it.

oh god yes but i have to wait for PC release :'( the online gameplay looks awesome

stew42

Jukes

I'm glad I didn't pay the $70 for AFL Live and let my brother but it instead :D apart from the aforementioned career mode, and the steel book cover looks alright, everything else is bad- graphics and player animations being two major failures.

Got the day off on Tuesday so going to pick my GTA V Collectors Edition up in the morning and play all day :3 hopefully will be a lot better than gta4.

Jay

Sorta enjoying it tbh, starting to get better even though I have no flowering idea how to mark properly >:(

nrich102

I have number 1. It doesn't even know Matthew Boyds name :o It doesn't think the lions are very good :( And Sam Michael doesn't exist  :P

stew42

Sounds pretty similar to the AFL game on iOS.

PowerBug

I'm waiting for Don Bradman cricket 14, that game is gonna be wicked.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Jay

It's way too easy to dominate the ruck contests, for some reason Andy Otten always goes into the ruck for Adelaide and he convincingly beats the other rucks every time :-X

Need to learn how to mark, kick, handball and tackle and then I should be fine :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Jayman on September 11, 2013, 04:24:26 PM
It's way too easy to dominate the ruck contests, for some reason Andy Otten always goes into the ruck for Adelaide and he convincingly beats the other rucks every time :-X

Need to learn how to mark, kick, handball and tackle and then I should be fine :P

Read the manual lol

Noz

Commentary is even worse then AFL live 1

Playing as port Jaspar Pittard gets suspended for 4 games i appeal and get off then i can't use him for the rest of my career because he is always listed as suspended

Reach the finals and every single game is played at the MCG, Even a video game hates interstate clubs i suppose thats realistic.

Windigo

I think you guys just wasted your money.  :P