Main Menu

Priority Pick?

Started by ossie85, September 10, 2013, 04:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 11, 2013, 07:30:49 PM
Seems fair then? Salary cap was never breached (That 200k didn't actually take us over) and we never got to draft pick

You tell me?

Nothing mate, the Crows did nothing wrong ::)

tbagrocks

Quote from: Scrads on September 11, 2013, 07:37:02 PM
Seems fair then? Salary cap was never breached (That 200k didn't actually take us over) and we never got to draft pick

You tell me?

The 200k was from Balfours (Which didn't cross the cap anyway) in which he did the adds, what's the problem here?

What am I missing, what did we actually do that others don't that is so bad we lost draft picks?

Rusty00

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 11, 2013, 07:42:42 PM

You tell me?

The 200k was from Balfours (Which didn't cross the cap anyway) in which he did the adds, what's the problem here?

What am I missing, what did we actually do that others don't that is so bad we lost draft picks?
You know what the problem is. The club didn't divulge the details with the AFL at the time and obtain their acceptance of the payments outside of the salary cap which means they broke the rules. They also made an agreement with Tippett and/or his management about being traded for a second round pick, which was also against the rules.

It's irrelevant whether you or anyone else agree or disagree with the rules. The rules are what they are and the Crows broke them and they were punished for it.

By the way the Crows were only stripped of draft picks for one year of the draft (this year) by the AFL. Last year they voluntarily gave up their picks. Why would a team voluntarily give up draft picks if they had done nothing wrong?

tbagrocks

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 11, 2013, 09:53:57 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 11, 2013, 07:42:42 PM

You tell me?

You know what the problem is. The club didn't divulge the details with the AFL at the time and obtain their acceptance of the payments outside of the salary cap which means they broke the rules. They also made an agreement with Tippett and/or his management about being traded for a second round pick, which was also against the rules.

It's irrelevant whether you or anyone else agree or disagree with the rules. The rules are what they are and the Crows broke them and they were punished for it.

By the way the Crows were only stripped of draft picks for one year of the draft (this year) by the AFL. Last year they voluntarily gave up their picks. Why would a team voluntarily give up draft picks if they had done nothing wrong?
Spot on mate and thanks for it! Problem I have is it's hardly cheating :-[  But we were the ones that got caught :-\

That is what happened, can we see why I am bitter on it? IMO we didn't cheat, non more than any other team does

Ziplock

What you did constitutes as draft tampering with the tippett deal being allowed to be traded to the club of his choice for a 2nd round pick.

Completely ignoring the dick move on reneging on that deal, that's still cheating. It in essence allowed you to keep a player for two years under an illegal agreement, who otherwise was going to leave the club.

ossie85

Quote from: Ziplock on September 12, 2013, 02:05:34 PM
What you did constitutes as draft tampering with the tippett deal being allowed to be traded to the club of his choice for a 2nd round pick.

Completely ignoring the dick move on reneging on that deal, that's still cheating. It in essence allowed you to keep a player for two years under an illegal agreement, who otherwise was going to leave the club.

Yep 100% agree Zip

The rules say it is cheating, the AFL says it is cheating, Adelaide says it is cheating, common sense say it is cheating.

Rusty00

Quote from: ossie85 on September 12, 2013, 02:35:24 PM

Yep 100% agree Zip

The rules say it is cheating, the AFL says it is cheating, Adelaide says it is cheating, common sense say it is cheating.
Case closed  :-X

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: ossie85 on September 12, 2013, 02:35:24 PM

Yep 100% agree Zip

But you missed the important one. Tbag says its not cheating!

nickstiges

No pick for the Dees.

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 5m
The AFL Commission today determined there would be no Priority Picks awarded to any club at this year

ossie85

Quote from: nickstiges on September 23, 2013, 04:07:06 PM
No pick for the Dees.

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 5m
The AFL Commission today determined there would be no Priority Picks awarded to any club at this year

Which in my opinion means a club never will qualify. Honestly, hard to see a team being in a worse position than Melbourne

Mailman the 2nd

Well there goes Melbourne being useless for another 5 years

JBs-Hawks

Because pick 20 was going to prevent that? :P

Vinny

Paul Roos will fix the Dees up, the man is genius :)

Big Mac

The AFL commission are a bunch of spineless idiots, caving in to the opposition from other clubs. Hawthorn had no trouble accepting their 3 priority picks, likewise West Coast, St. Kilda, and Carlton with their 4, 3 and 3 priority picks respectively. But for some reason when Melbourne asks for a priority pick, they speak up and complain, obviously influencing the decision of the commission. A load of bs that the AFL had a discussion about equality.

Ziplock

I would have given them an end of first round priority personally...