Main Menu

Priority Pick?

Started by ossie85, September 10, 2013, 04:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Quote from: brad on September 11, 2013, 05:42:39 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 11, 2013, 05:28:43 PM
St Kilda need a priority pick maybe?

3 years ago we were red hot contenders in the premiership race... a toe poke and a spastic bounce of a ball away from winning back to back flags...

add in a couple of prelims and like 6 or 7 years of playing finals, and now that we're actually near the bottom, ya think we actually deserve a priority pick? i'd love one,  don't get me wrong.. but we've got zero chance. it'd actually be a sort of slap in the face

Think St Kilda is the only team near the bottom with a pretty old list the rest are young that's why I think they need it more

Nige

Quote from: brad on September 11, 2013, 05:42:39 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 11, 2013, 05:28:43 PM
St Kilda need a priority pick maybe?

3 years ago we were red hot contenders in the premiership race... a toe poke and a spastic bounce of a ball away from winning back to back flags...

add in a couple of prelims and like 6 or 7 years of playing finals, and now that we're actually near the bottom, ya think we actually deserve a priority pick? i'd love one,  don't get me wrong.. but we've got zero chance. it'd actually be a sort of slap in the face

Yeah, this. Beat me to it, brad.

tbagrocks

As far as I am concerned we did not cheat, if so, prove it! Or shut the flower up! 8)

Vinny

I would like to see the Saints get the priority pick too but as the boys said above, it ain't going to happen with Melbourne at the bottom.

Melbourne is down to bad-recruiting and bad development of young players.

Saints actually have an old list now and a few good prospects for the future.

Priorty pick would do them good!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 11, 2013, 06:05:01 PM
As far as I am concerned we did not cheat, if so, prove it! Or shut the flower up! 8)

Lol denial

tbagrocks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 11, 2013, 06:12:06 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 11, 2013, 06:05:01 PM

Lol denial
Where Africans go swimming yes! But I actually believe it! Draft tampering? Please, we actually admitted it also! Could've just taken White and pick ::)  but to actually think offering a player the assurance of a move for a second round draft pick? Really don't see how that is draft tampering sorry, btw that never happened as we never got the second rounder so ......

kilbluff1985

so what about paying Tippett with money outside the cap that had not been approved? this is why you got punished

tbagrocks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 11, 2013, 06:37:21 PM
so what about paying Tippett with money outside the cap that had not been approved? this is why you got punished
Many do third party payments, why punish us? We weren't over the cap anyway

kilbluff1985

but yours wasnt approved by the AFL

Scrads

Then why voluntarily forfeit your first two draft picks before even being punished by the AFL tbag?

ossie85

Quote from: vinny on September 11, 2013, 06:08:42 PM
I would like to see the Saints get the priority pick too but as the boys said above, it ain't going to happen with Melbourne at the bottom.

Melbourne is down to bad-recruiting and bad development of young players.

Saints actually have an old list now and a few good prospects for the future.

Priorty pick would do them good!

How is it not bad recruiting by the Saints to have an old list? Why should we award bad list management?

See, no team deserves a priority pick, so everyone does...

tbagrocks

Quote from: Scrads on September 11, 2013, 06:53:16 PM
Then why voluntarily forfeit your first two draft picks before even being punished by the AFL tbag?
Because we were worried about the draft tampering, draft pick for spud Kurt to a club of his choice! But that never happen, Kurt still got the club of choice ::)

That's why, the so called "Gentlemans agreement" Prove me wrong or flower off!

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 11, 2013, 07:11:06 PM
Quote from: Scrads on September 11, 2013, 06:53:16 PM
Because we were worried about the draft tampering, draft pick for spud Kurt to a club of his choice! But that never happen, Kurt still got the club of choice ::)

That's why, the so called "Gentlemans agreement" Prove me wrong or flower off!

Prove you wrong? Your said it yourself, your spuds admitted it!

Also more proof you can look at Trigg suspsension, or maybe just maybe my favourite one of the lot. Pick 8 and 25 of the 2013 National draft, and your 1st round and 2nd round of 2014. Which will probably be picks 1 and 19. They are lost to the wilderness.

Scrads

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/crows-to-present-united-front-at-afl-commission/story-e6frf9jf-1226526986690

'The Crows, Tippett, Trigg, Reid and Harper faced a total of 11 charges relating to a secret deal with Tippett in 2009.

The charges related to deals outside Tippett's contract to send him to a club of his choice at the end of 2012 and to pay Tippett $100,000 in each of the 2011 and 2012 seasons outside the salary cap.

The Crows were also charged with illegally arranging third-party deals for Tippett in 2011 and 2012.

All parties pleaded guilty to all charges.

The club has paid a very high price for an error of judgement.

After a full investigation the AFL found no more rule breaches by the Crows.

Trigg and Chapman both apologised for breaking the rules and backed Trigg to keep his job as Crows CEO despite his six-month ban.

"As CEO then and now I've accepted full responsibility for what the AFL regards as serious transgressions of those rules, and for that I'm very sorry," Trigg said.'

tbagrocks

Seems fair then? Salary cap was never breached (That 200k didn't actually take us over) and we never got to draft pick

You tell me?