Main Menu

Priority Pick?

Started by ossie85, September 10, 2013, 04:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

I think the Demons should get a priority pick.

I won't say they deserve one.... but 'deserving' a priority pick is circular logic anyway.

The Demons made mistakes, some of them close to criminal. But that's in the past, the people who made the mistakes are gone, why punish the new Demons and its players?

Give them a pick.

Big Mac

I think we've had 34 wins in 7 years....If we don't deserve a priority pick then no one does. An improved Melbourne outfit would only be good for the AFL. I realise that we got ourselves into this position, but we can't just give our untalented players talent. That talent needs to come from somewhere else, and why not in the form of a priority pick.

Nige

If they do get it, there's gonna be mass outrage you'd think.  :-X

Scrads

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 10, 2013, 04:25:15 PM
I think we've had 34 wins in 7 years....If we don't deserve a priority pick then no one does. An improved Melbourne outfit would only be good for the AFL. I realise that we got ourselves into this position, but we can't just give our untalented players talent. That talent needs to come from somewhere else, and why not in the form of a priority pick.

That figure gets skewed by the tanking, so it would be outrageous if they got rewarded for that.

tbagrocks

Give them #1 why not? Pies won one flag, Demons nothing, Saints nothing, Blues nothing, but three of the four to get that #1 priority came back to be pretty good!

Also it stops the cheats (GWS) getting Boyd!

ossie85

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 10, 2013, 04:42:24 PM
Give them #1 why not? Pies won one flag, Demons nothing, Saints nothing, Blues nothing, but three of the four to get that #1 priority came back to be pretty good!

Pies didn't get #1, just 2 :P

meow meow

Come on... please... just one more hit... i swear this will be the last time

Vinny

If they do get it, watch the AFL world go into chaos again! :P

Rusty00

Quote from: vinny on September 10, 2013, 05:21:13 PM
If they do get it, watch the AFL world go into chaos again! :P
Hasn't been much break from chaos for the AFL world the last 18 months  ;)

Vinny

Haha yeah! Exactly why I said again :)

Ziplock

gws aren't cheats, and I'm sick of hearing a crows supporter spew that bs.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on September 10, 2013, 08:12:23 PM

Then stop trading for draft picks and waiting for your team to grow over being competitive early, also, we didn't cheat so build a bridge!

Capper

Cant be pick 1, but at the end of Round 1 maybe

tbagrocks

Quote from: tabs on September 10, 2013, 10:09:02 PM
Cant be pick 1, but at the end of Round 1 maybe
I don't see why it coundn't, the AFL is supposed to protect the brand, a good Melbourne footy club should be the priority!

Clubs got #1 for worse well guess what, this club is now worse so ........

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 10, 2013, 09:17:27 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 10, 2013, 08:12:23 PM

Then stop trading for draft picks and waiting for your team to grow over being competitive early, also, we didn't cheat so build a bridge!

yeah, your club got fined and had draft picks taken away for not cheating.

sorry, I forgot.

lots of clubs trade draft picks mate.