Height: 185cm

Weight: 83kg

Position:   Midfield

Nab Draft: Round 1, Pick #6 2010 National Draft

Dreamteam Stats:

2011 Games: 17    Average: 55.4

2012 Games: 18    Average: 72.9

2013 Games: 16    Average: 80.5

2013 Scores:  65, 94, 88, 90, DNP, DNP, DNP,(FOOT INJURY) DNP, DNP, DNP, BYE, 68, 94, 89, 66, 50, 62, 94, 76, 110, 72, 101, 69

2013 Tons:  2

Richmond 2014 Fixture:

GC, CAR, WB, COL, BRIS, HAW, GEE, BYE, MEL, GWS, ESS, NTH, FRE, SYD, STK, BRI, PORT, WC, GWS, ESS, ADE, STK, SYD

HISTORY:

Originally from the Perth Football Club in the WAFL, Conca was drafted to Richmond with their first selection, the sixth overall, in the 2010 AFL Draft.

Conca made his AFL debut in Round 1, 2011 against Carlton at the MCG. In Round 9 he was nominated for the 2011 AFL Rising Star for a "stellar performance against Essendon.

VERDICT:  I think Conca will continue to improve in 2014, has had interrupted Season/Preseason due to injury so if he can stay fit i can see him raising his average again next year. What are the chances of him being DPP next year ?  if only classed as a midfielder then not for me but if he gets DPP ill jump on board as i can see him raising his average to 85-90 which is good enough for a premo back.

Not saying he will get DPP next year, more like hoping. If he does he will make my team in 2014.

PLAYER PROFILE UPDATE:  24/12/2013 ..Conca did net get DPP status and is no longer a viable option for DT in 2014 priced at $435,500. Too expensive to make cash and is not capable of being a DT Premo this year imo, he will improve but not enough.

Spinking

Good write up FF. I agree - If DPP I'm on.

Looks poised to break out and lift his average towards the 90 mark.

Toga

Do you think he'll be DPP though?

As a Tigers supporter I don't think he's played back enough but you never know I guess :P

Football Factory

Quote from: Toga on September 08, 2013, 07:16:47 PM
Do you think he'll be DPP though?

As a Tigers supporter I don't think he's played back enough but you never know I guess :P

Good to see you think he might have a chance of DPP aswell  ;D   im on him if he does  ;)

Toga

Haha I'm leaning towards him not having DPP tbh :P

Jroo

It's very unlikely that he'll get DPP, he's played mostly in the midfield this year. If he did get DPP I'd pick him, but he won't.

Football Factory

Maybe im grasping at straws because i like him and has potential to improve, i think we all agree if no DPP then no Conca

powersuperkents

Looks like he'll go on to be a fantastic player in the future. Had my eye on him at the beginning of the season (basically to observe). I've gotta agree. If he is assigned DPP I'm on him. If he is given dpp status that means Ebert should to so hopefully that will happen but I have my doubts (although Ebert wasn't manning up on dangerous forwards so Conca still seems more likely to gain dual positions) :) part of the tigers young talent that hasn't yet displayed his potential :) Hopefully reaches the same level as Cotchin & D-Mart

Colliwobblers

rate this guy highly think he will be more a luke ball type maybe not going to see elite DT numbers for awhile but he is going to be premium.

Doubt i would pick him in DT maybe even not as a DPP can see him doing the heavy lifting in the middle for the tiges cotch lids and martin and grigg all outside even tho cotch is inside as well he is better made use of outside in some space...

Ricochet

roti

henry

Apparently has been offered big bucks from freo, looks more likely to stay at richmond though at the moment.

Not for me even if he does get DPP though, don't really rate him that much fantasy wise although his stats are good, can't see them improving that much next year unfortunately. Dusty leaving could help him get more midfield time though and make him more relevant.

LF

Just saw on fox sport news that the Eagles are after him.

Ricochet

[Dimma on who he thinks is in for a breakout year]

AFL ‏@AFL 14m
.@EsCargot23 We're looking at Reece Conca for a breakout year. He's shown really good form but at stages he's been cruelled by injuries.