dmac07

FB: M. Johnson - S. Thompson - C. Enright
HB: J. McVeigh - H. Taylor - S. Mithcell
C:   R. Griffen - J. Selwood - D. Swan
HF: C. Wingard - J. Roughead - S. Motlop
FF: JJ. Kennefy - T. Cloke - L. Thomas
R:  W. Minson - S. Pendlebury - G. Ablett
Int: K. Jack - D. Mundy - D. Hanneberry - T. Boak

Thompson & Taylor - Fill the two key defender positions, McKenzie couldve easily held down full back but went with thompson for his versatility instead, Taylor is a well rounder player, can mark, play back or switch forward and all round was consistently good all year.

Johnson - as the third tall/ attacking defender went with Johnson, was a lineball call between him and Gibson, Gibson very unlucky not to have an AA jumper, but think he will fall just short again.

Enright, McVeigh, Mitchell - Medium/'small' defenders. Not many small defenders in the squad, Enright makes it for his continued consistant brilliant play. McVeigh had a brilliant switch to the backline this year averaging close to 30 touches as a defender. Mitchell has legitimately played as a half back as much as a mid this season and is still likely to pick up 20 odd votes in the brownlow again. Malceski very unlucky and was almost a 50/50 call between him and Enright which could go either way.

Minson - Two standout rucks this year, one spot, Minson just gets the nod with a few poor games in the second half of the year by Goldy.

Ablett, Selwood, Pendlebury - All start in the middle and does this need much explaining, not too many would argue against these being the best three players in whole competition.

Griffen & Swan - Take the wings, Griffen has finally found te consistency to realise the talent he has always had, a quietish finish to the season but absolutely brilliant at times. Swan has flown under the radar, if that can be said of him this year, in my opinion will round out the top 4 in the brownlow with the three guys above, brilliant in the second half of the season and probably less poor games than the midfielders on the bench just giving him the nod to start on the field.

Roughead, Cloke, Kennedy -Roughead wins the coleman and can pinch hit in the ruck or up the ground racking up possesions. Cloke second in the coleman, still the best constested mark in the game, and if he converted at the same rate as other top forwards wouldve won the coleman by 10 goals, think these two are certain starters. Kennedy just gets the nod for the third tall fwd, take out thr last month and he was the best fwd all year, just beats out Riewoldt and Cameron for this position. Cameron would be a great story, but think Roughead and Cloke especially are much more rounded players at this moment. That being said, with just 10% improvement this kid could dominate the AA for many years to come.

Wingard, Motlop, Thomas - Thomas just gets the nod ahead of Walters, not everyone needs to be sble to run through the mids and he was the highest scoring small fwd all year. Wingard and Motlop had similar breakout years, both had a couple of quiet games but kicked 40 odd goals whilst avering around 20 touches. Think these guys start on the field over an extra mid (they get to fill the bench). Danger and Mayne the unlucky ones but just short of these guys.

Jack, Hanneberry, Mundy, Boak - The two Sydney boys led arguably the best midfield group as a whole all year and are the first seleceted on the bench, they probably lacked that absolute top gear of the guys starting on the field in my opinion, butvare the next guys in line. Mundy and Boak just getvthe last two spots but these were the hardest to pick. Mundy gets in by a nose over Fyfe, couldve gone either way but I think Mundys effect on games is severely underated, and there are still a few question marks over Fyfes disposal. Boak fills the final spot, has really led the PA revival from the front and has strived under the captaincy and been the best player in a side that will be playing finals. Hodge, Dangerfield and Fyfe and three most unlucky guys and couldve easily put any of them on the bench.

Rusty00

Almost identical to my team, only 3 differences   ;)

stew42

Would've definitely gone Eski over Enright. Destroys the comp in Rebound 50's this year.

kilbluff1985

would have Cameron in over Thomas

Hibberd over M Johnson

Watson over Hannebery

dmac07

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 05, 2013, 02:39:14 PM

Hibberd over M Johnson

Watson over Hannebery

I think Cameron will be close, but think the other 3 key forwards are ahead of him and that 4 key forwards would just be overkill.

Gibbets and walker would've come into consideration but should have said I was picking this from the 40 man squad.

Watson, fyfe, Hodge could all easily take a spot from anyone on the bench, bar jack who I think has to make it, so will give you that one.

dmac07

Quote from: dmac07 on September 05, 2013, 03:02:06 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 05, 2013, 02:39:14 PM

Hibberd over M Johnson
Watson over Hannebery
I think Cameron will be close, but think the other 3 key forwards are ahead of him and that 4 key forwards would just be overkill.
Gibbets and walker would've come into consideration but should have said I was picking this from the 40 man squad.
Watson, fyfe, Hodge could all easily take a spot from anyone on the bench, bar jack who I think has to make it, so will give you that one.

Gibbet  :o. Hibberd

kilbluff1985

Lol was like wtf thought you meant Ibbo or something

Cicjose

Mundy on your interchange when he wasnt even Fremantle's best player this year

Samsturmfels

Mayne will defaintly be in the team

Cicjose

Thomas ahead of Walters.....

Walters stats compare very well with Thomas

played 19 games which is 1 less than Thomas yet:

Walters laid more tackles,
created more stoppages,
had more possessions and;
higher disposal efficiency,

with more goal assists (top 10 in the league)
and higher goal kicking accuracy

yet cant get a gig in your AA side?

Rusty00

Quote from: Cicjose on September 09, 2013, 03:44:05 AM
Thomas ahead of Walters.....

Walters stats compare very well with Thomas

played 19 games which is 1 less than Thomas yet:

Walters laid more tackles,
created more stoppages,
had more possessions and;
higher disposal efficiency,

with more goal assists (top 10 in the league)
and higher goal kicking accuracy

yet cant get a gig in your AA side?
Thomas kicked more goals which is the stat that the selectors will probably put the most weight on.

Cicjose