So, whatcha think of my team? Version 4

Started by c4v3m4n, March 08, 2010, 04:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Prospector_1 on March 09, 2010, 12:03:30 PM
Quote from: tnator on March 09, 2010, 11:43:36 AM
Thanks prospector.  I wish i took my own advice last year

I did, and it fell apart with injuries to Adcock, Waite, and I can't remember who else.

I too fell into trouble with Adcock, Waite, Raines, Cousins...and more.

tnator

Ahhh Prospector
Another hard luck story... BUT this year will be different.  No injuries in the first 3 rounds for me this year.  My players are all cherry ripe!  (Love that cliche)

c4v3m4n

mjpaps

Very solid team...
Unsure bout Clark in ruck, thats it.
IMO would swap for Jolly.

Good luck...

Matt Youd

A nice side!!!

No real weaknesses i can see! I too have O'Brien as I see him playing a quarter back role from what i've seen in NAB games!!!

My team is as follows, feel free to pick at it!!!

BACKS Goddard Enright Hodge Mackie Kennely Malceski McGuire EM Waters Davis
MIDS Ablett Mitchell Ball McVeigh Martin Trengrove EM Morabito Banner
RUCKS Sandilands Natanui EM Skipper Warnock
FORWARDS Goodes Reiwoldt Higgins Hall Dangerfield Ziebell Mayne EM Podsiadly Rockliff

hawk_88

Backline

Pretty good. You know my thoughts on O'Brien  ;D. Hooker is a good pick this year I think. Am considering him for my team. His consistency needs to lift from last year but he seems to have had a good preseason.

Centre

Ablett, Swan, Mitchell, Armitage, Martin, Barlow
(Banner, Moles)

Not a fan of Armitage. Is taking over a spot from Ball, who got very limited TOG last year. Also with a full strength team around him I don't think he will get the opportunities that allowed him his NAB cup form. The final (if the Saints play full strength) should make this clearer either way.

Zieball, Palmer, Kerr, McGlynn and Masten are all good options.

Rucks

Like this. Clark may have reached his peak, but generally your #1 ruckman is a keeper and I don't think he will go down very much if he does. Taylor's injury is a blow to the Hawks, but makes Skipper a great 4th ruck option this year.

Forward

Hard to fault. Hall is a risk, but people know that so if you think it is worth taking take it.

c4v3m4n

Thanks Hawka.

Yeah, I have been playing around with it further recently, what are your views on Gram? He might be the player to replace O'Brien.

As for Armitage, the guy played 3 games last year and averaged over 90. This NAB Cup, again averages over 90. The NAB Cup Final will be a good indication, but I think I'll keep him regardless... ;D

Yeah, i'm happy with those rucks too.  :D

And lastly, Hall. A risk, but one I am willing to take.

hawk_88

Gram is similar to O'Brien in that he will give you 6-8 games of 40-60. Has more room for growth than O'Brien simply because of the way the saints and pies have structured things in the past. That may well chance though.

Other players I would look at are Krakouer, Gilham or Cheney (who looks like spending quite a bit of time in the midfield this year).

c4v3m4n

What about Ellis, Dempsey, Macdonald or Tuohy?  ;)

hawk_88

Quote from: c4v3m4n on March 10, 2010, 03:40:24 PM
What about Ellis, Dempsey, Macdonald or Tuohy?  ;)

Ellis is looking really thin this year, and he was already pretty thin. He isn't particularly fast so I don't see him playing outside, so it is hard to say.

I haven't seen anything to suggest Dempsey will be any better or worst than last year. That being said I haven't looked.

Macdonald is a great option. I only went for people bellow Gram in price. He has shown he can score highly and has had a pretty good 3 years. You will get at the very least value for money and possibly more.

Can't say I know anything about Tuohy.

c4v3m4n

Interesting. Thanks for that.

Tuohy plays for Carlton in the backline and is priced at $83,400. That one was a joke...  ;D

c4v3m4n

Hi again everyone, after more tweaking, i'd love to hear your thoughts on my new-ish team. Thanks!!

Backline

Goodwin, Enright, Hodge, Macdonald, Hooker, Malceski, Schoenmakers
(Maguire, Silvagni)

Centre

Swan, Selwood, Mitchell, Armitage, Martin, Barlow
(Moles, Banner)

Rucks

Clark, Naitanui
(Warnock, Skipper)

Forward

Riewoldt, ROK, Franklin, Giansiracusa,  Tippett, Ziebell, Walker
(Rockliff, Podsiadly)

The players in red are ones that have changed from the original version on page 1.

Better, worse? Love to hear your comments. Thanks guys.  :D

hawk_88

Not sure Kayler-Thomson will play round 1. Definitely enough LTIs at the Hawks now for him to be elevated but it depends on the balance of the side round 1. Will have to look more closely.

c4v3m4n

Made some new changes overnight, the newest team list is above.

Notably, Ablett is out for Selwood. I have come to the conclusion that I really doubt that Ablett will be start out the year averaging 140, therefore his price will no doubt-ably drop. So, I'll pick him up later on.  ;D

So, now watcha think? Good, huh?  8)

Wastelander

I'm of the same thought with Ablett.

Nice team mate, a few there that are unique, like Hooker and Macdonald, both good choices, I think Hooker will be a big part of The Bumbers this year.

As probably said, Armitage is a risk, he's a high starting price, but has the potential to score very well.

I don't think Nic Nat will be as great as everyone thinks. . . .

Forwards look good.

Nice team mate, good luck.