So, whatcha think of my team? Version 4

Started by c4v3m4n, March 08, 2010, 04:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Hey everyone,

Being doing some more research today along with some tweaking and I'm now very happy with this team! Ratings and comments very much appreciated.

Backline

Goodwin, Enright, Hodge, O'Brien, Hooker, Malceski, Greenwood
(Maguire, Davis)

Centre

Ablett, Swan, Mitchell, Armitage, Martin, Barlow
(Banner, Moles)

Rucks

Clark, Naitanui
(Warnock, Skipper)

Forward

Riewoldt, Franklin, Giansiracusa, Tippett, Hall, Dangerfield, Ballantyne
(Dennis-Lane, Rockliff)

Thanks in advance,

The Caveman.

PS. What is this I'm hearing about Ballantyne and an injury??

ossie85

I love Harry, but not in fantasy :). Everyone seems to be jumping on Armitage, he's too expensive for me.

9/10

Haven't heard anything about Ballantyne, thought he was just rested?

c4v3m4n

Thanks guys, I'll see how things go, I might just have to trade Ballantyne for Mayne or Warren.

ossie85

Hmmm, I like Bally... damn, that will through out my balance!

c4v3m4n

Yeah, so did I...if you dont mind me asking Ossie, what does your team look like? I'd be happy to give my opinion on it as you have kindly done for mine...

ossie85

which version? Mine's constantly changing, I don't think I'll post another one for a while until after the NAB cup

hespey

dont like obrien and greenwood.  :-\

love the midfield, perfect. best ive seen. 10/10 hands down.  :-*

hate the rucks. clark is overpriced, nicnat im not sold on. i would love to see sandilands in there. and another number 1 ruckman instead of nicnat.  >:(

forwards are good, but im not convinced with danger. i would prefer medhurst or ziebell.   8)

your bench is great across all lines. you know your stuff.  ;)

overall, i rate it an 8.5/10. your midfield gets great weighting.  ;D

tnator

Nice looking team.

I'm a fan of having Tippett starting in the ruck.  He will play 22 games from full forward with a bit of rucking when required.

Still tossing up about Armitage.  Could be the pick of the year, but not sure about the price.

I think perhaps the backline is the most important part to get right pre season. Not so much spending major bucks, but having a backline where minimal trades need to be made.

Prospector_1

Quote from: tnator on March 09, 2010, 11:31:25 AM
I think perhaps the backline is the most important part to get right pre season. Not so much spending major bucks, but having a backline where minimal trades need to be made.

Roger that.

tnator

Thanks prospector.  I wish i took my own advice last year

c4v3m4n

Thanks everyone.

Really appreciate the comments.

I did have Tippett in the ruck originally, but is he #1 ruckman material? If I was to place him back in there, who should replace him in the foward line and if its a downgrade, where should the extra cash go?

Resch

Think about Ziebell, Campbell or Mayne, someone like that.

tnator

Don't think Tippett is a number one ruck.  But i'm going for him being an extra forward in the ruck position.  Sandi and Tipp for me in the ruck.

Unlike last 2 years want 2 stayers in the ruck and no trades

Prospector_1

Quote from: tnator on March 09, 2010, 11:43:36 AM
Thanks prospector.  I wish i took my own advice last year

I did, and it fell apart with injuries to Adcock, Waite, and I can't remember who else.