Main Menu

All Australian Squad Released

Started by BB67th, September 03, 2013, 05:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Holzman on September 17, 2013, 12:24:37 PM
Quote from: Adamant on September 17, 2013, 11:56:50 AM
Hannebery was very lucky imo, great first half of the year but very average in the second half. Fyfe was much more consistent.

Walters robbed, he has been outstanding all year as a small forward. Can't believe NRoo didn't make the cut either...

Here are my changes:

Hannebery out, Jack to interchange and NRoo on the forward flank. Walters over Wingard in the pocket (expect to cop a bit of criticism here though).

Fyfe and Goldstein over Mackie and Watson on the interchange.

no critcism here i 100% agree with all those moves.

Having Roughie, Cloke, Cameron and NRoo in the same forward line is a bit tricky. Though I guess the Hawks have 4 tall forwards and it works out pretty well.

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on September 17, 2013, 12:30:00 PM
Quote from: Holzman on September 17, 2013, 12:24:37 PM
Quote from: Adamant on September 17, 2013, 11:56:50 AM
Hannebery was very lucky imo, great first half of the year but very average in the second half. Fyfe was much more consistent.

Walters robbed, he has been outstanding all year as a small forward. Can't believe NRoo didn't make the cut either...

Here are my changes:

Hannebery out, Jack to interchange and NRoo on the forward flank. Walters over Wingard in the pocket (expect to cop a bit of criticism here though).

Fyfe and Goldstein over Mackie and Watson on the interchange.

no critcism here i 100% agree with all those moves.

Having Roughie, Cloke, Cameron and NRoo in the same forward line is a bit tricky. Though I guess the Hawks have 4 tall forwards and it works out pretty well.

in that case i would say drop cameron for thomas.

Roughie Cloke Nroo Thomas Walters Danger, now thats a deadly forwardline. You wouldnt know how to stop all that. With those 4 forwards you just clog up the back with tall defenders.

tor01doc

Hodge would be in my team ahead of Mitchell.

Walters / L Thomas instead of Hannebery.

Don't mind Cloke in there given his marks are in a more threatening place than Riewoldt's.

As percentages of marks taken - inside 50  /  contested

Cloke  52%  and 31%
NRoo  36% and 18%   -  Cloke's are more valuable.

Mackie??  :o

My Chumps

Fremantle stiff as hell. Barlow, Fyfe, Walters and Mayne all could've got a selection IMO.

Mackie shouldn't be there, or even Enright.

BB67th

Malceski over Enright, Thomas over Dangerfield, Jack on bench over Mackie and Walters on field.

JBs-Hawks

Enright over Malceski every day of the week. All Australian isnt about fantasy scores its about best footballer doing the required jobs and Enright is the best back pocket in the game.

My Chumps

Quote from: BB67th on September 17, 2013, 07:20:03 PM
Malceski over Enright, Thomas over Dangerfield, Jack on bench over Mackie and Walters on field.
Agree with Eski and Jack, but Mayne > Walters and Thomas over Dangerfield is mental.

Cicjose

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 17, 2013, 07:42:25 PM
Enright over Malceski every day of the week. All Australian isnt about fantasy scores its about best footballer doing the required jobs and Enright is the best back pocket in the game.

most intercept marks in the comp by a distance and he doesnt deserve a place?

JBs-Hawks

BB67th

Eski also gained the most metres in the competition this year. Would be best suited on a flank and had a monster year. Really deserved to get in.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 17, 2013, 07:48:45 PM
He's a seagull!

You've evidently never watched a Swans game this season.

He was clear cut one of the best half back in his position over the H&A season

Jroo

I reckon Eski was unlucky to miss out, he was one of the best defenders this year. His run and carry out of Defensive 50 is important to the Swans. He leads the comp in rebound 50s with 188, the next best is 130  8)
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2013&rt=LT&st=R5

PowerBug

McVeigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mundy was robbed, get Mackie and Hannebery out of there. >:( :P
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

My Chumps

Quote from: PowerBug on September 17, 2013, 08:45:22 PM
McVeigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mundy was robbed, get Mackie and Hannebery out of there. >:( :P
Fyfe > Barlow >>>> Mundy.