Main Menu

All Australian Squad Released

Started by BB67th, September 03, 2013, 05:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry

Quote from: dmac07 on September 04, 2013, 02:06:47 PM
Quote from: henry on September 03, 2013, 06:40:23 PM
Yeah a pretty ordinary job overall I reckon.

Hibberd not being selected is absolutely outrageous, so too to a lesser extent the exclusion of goddard, stevie j, walker and montagna.

Not sure why Buddy was selected, although he got an ok amount of goals didn't have a great year.

From these 40 I would select:
FB: Josh Gibson Scott Thompson Corey Enright
HB: Jarrad McVeigh Michael Johnson Sam Mitchell
C: Jack Steven Joel Selwood Ryan Griffen
HF: Daniel Wells Jarrad Roughead Chad Wingard
F: Michael Walters Travis Cloke Josh Kennedy
R: Will Minson Scott Pendlebury Gary Ablett
Bench: Jobe Watson, Travis Boak, Nick Reiwoldt, Dane Swan.

Thoughts?

think you have one too many key forwards, drop one of kennedy, roo, cloke, roughead. Probably kennedy or roo
Yeah that was my main problem I had when making it. Probably roo would have to miss out, kennedy until the last few weeks of the year was the best forward and was leading the coleman.

Holz

Liberatore?

3rd in contested possesions, 1st in clerances, 1st in cente clerances

Malceski

1st in rebounds 177 and the next best was 116.

Scott Selwood

2nd in tackles 12th in clearances 8th in centre clerances

Rusty00

Quote from: Holzman on September 05, 2013, 03:49:50 PM
Malceski

1st in rebounds 177 and the next best was 116.
Wow, that stat is pretty compelling. I'll have to change my predicted team to include him I think.

Cicjose

Vinny

Walker?! :(

Hanners..meh!

Otherwise looks alright haha. At least Buddy didnt make it ::)

Noz

I reckon the squad was pretty good the selectors did well.

SydneyRox

surprised a little that hanners made the final team, thought the quiet patch might have cost him.

Eski was robbed, done more than enright or mackie, even though his last month has been quiet.

glad wingard made it, and buddy missed, cloke lucky, roo stiff.

overall looks pretty good though

ossie85

Yeah, think its a good team. I reckon Swan is a bit lucky, fyfe unlucky.

Cloke was statistically the 2nd best forward, so deserved it well. Reckon Cameron scored a lot of goals, but not much else and us lucky, but still think an ok selection

Ricochet

Seriously? Son Son has been robbed. Easily top 2 of the best small fwds in the comp

Has Hannebery really had that good of a year?

Windigo

Dunno about the Berry pick, seemed to have a lot of down games TBH...

No Riewoldt...  :o

Holz

Too many mids, jack should go to the bench and Walters or Thomas should replace hanners.

There were lots of better mids than him let alone players that fit the squad better.

Goldy again just missed out.

Goldy over hanners.

Ricochet

A few stats care of @FoxFootyAnalyst

- Gary Ablett Jr is the first player to ever be named All Australian in 7 successive seasons. Shows his remarkable consistency and durability.
- Chad Wingard is the youngest player to make the All Australian team since Mark Ricciuto in 1994.
- Cloke, Cameron 27 tackles each this year, Kennedy 69, Mayne 90. Goal-kickers still getting all credit for opportunities created by others.

ossie85

Quote from: Ricochet on September 17, 2013, 11:05:16 AM
- Cloke, Cameron 27 tackles each this year, Kennedy 69, Mayne 90. Goal-kickers still getting all credit for opportunities created by others.

Indeed - which is why I thought Cameron was lucky. He really only had the goals, his other stats weren't near the other power forwards.

Cloke is more than a goal kicker though (and he's not that good at it!), but his marking ability and work rate is the equal or better than anybody else and deserves his spot.

Adamant

Hannebery was very lucky imo, great first half of the year but very average in the second half. Fyfe was much more consistent.

Walters robbed, he has been outstanding all year as a small forward. Can't believe NRoo didn't make the cut either...

Here are my changes:

Hannebery out, Jack to interchange and NRoo on the forward flank. Walters over Wingard in the pocket (expect to cop a bit of criticism here though).

Fyfe and Goldstein over Mackie and Watson on the interchange.

Holz

Quote from: Adamant on September 17, 2013, 11:56:50 AM
Hannebery was very lucky imo, great first half of the year but very average in the second half. Fyfe was much more consistent.

Walters robbed, he has been outstanding all year as a small forward. Can't believe NRoo didn't make the cut either...

Here are my changes:

Hannebery out, Jack to interchange and NRoo on the forward flank. Walters over Wingard in the pocket (expect to cop a bit of criticism here though).

Fyfe and Goldstein over Mackie and Watson on the interchange.

no critcism here i 100% agree with all those moves.