Main Menu

All Australian Squad Released

Started by BB67th, September 03, 2013, 05:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Yeah some head weird choices, but yeah did Goddard even play in the defence at all?

Also no Michael Barlow, but David Mundy? Seriously?

quinny88

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on September 03, 2013, 05:52:34 PM
Steve Johnson, Andrew Walker, Michael Hibberd, Pearce Hanley, Alex Rance the unlucky ones in my book...
Yep I agree with all these, where was Libba, Barlow, Montagna, Rocky, Hanley and Steve Morris.
How the flower did Buddy get in?

Toga

Yeah i know it's a tad bias with Richmond not getting a rep, but seriously, Rance was a fantastic intercept defender all year, was only soundly beaten once and that was vs Trav Cloke. I'm disappointed he wasn't recognised. >:(

GoLions

Probably extremely bias here, but Rocky, Hanley, and possibly Leuey (although Minson was extremely good this year, very hard to split them IMO) were all unlucky to miss out.

stew42

Really? No Richmond players? Dusty? Rance?
No Hanley?

Jroo

Quote from: GoLions16 on September 03, 2013, 06:28:25 PM
Probably extremely bias here, but Rocky, Hanley, and possibly Leuey (although Minson was extremely good this year, very hard to split them IMO) were all unlucky to miss out.
Yep, Rocky and Hanley were both good and were a bit stiff to miss out. Not sure about Leuey, Goldy and Minson are ahead of him.

henry

Yeah a pretty ordinary job overall I reckon.

Hibberd not being selected is absolutely outrageous, so too to a lesser extent the exclusion of goddard, stevie j, walker and montagna.

Not sure why Buddy was selected, although he got an ok amount of goals didn't have a great year.

From these 40 I would select:
FB: Josh Gibson Scott Thompson Corey Enright
HB: Jarrad McVeigh Michael Johnson Sam Mitchell
C: Jack Steven Joel Selwood Ryan Griffen
HF: Daniel Wells Jarrad Roughead Chad Wingard
F: Michael Walters Travis Cloke Josh Kennedy
R: Will Minson Scott Pendlebury Gary Ablett
Bench: Jobe Watson, Travis Boak, Nick Reiwoldt, Dane Swan.

Thoughts?

Kellogscrunchynut

I reckon the only Tiger who should be here is Steven Morris, although I'd rather be in the finals without any AA reps than not be in the finals with a few.

stew42

Quote from: henry on September 03, 2013, 06:40:23 PM
Yeah a pretty ordinary job overall I reckon.

Hibberd not being selected is absolutely outrageous, so too to a lesser extent the exclusion of goddard, stevie j, walker and montagna.

Not sure why Buddy was selected, although he got an ok amount of goals didn't have a great year.

From these 40 I would select:
FB: Josh Gibson Scott Thompson Corey Enright
HB: Jarrad McVeigh Michael Johnson Sam Mitchell
C: Jack Steven Joel Selwood Ryan Griffen
HF: Daniel Wells Jarrad Roughead Chad Wingard
F: Michael Walters Travis Cloke Josh Kennedy
R: Will Minson Scott Pendlebury Gary Ablett
Bench: Jobe Watson, Travis Boak, Nick Reiwoldt, Dane Swan.

Thoughts?
Jack over Boak or Steven, NRoo needs to be onfield, perhaps swap with Wells? Otherwise fairly solid

Senior

imo the unluckiest were Johnson, Rockliff, Goddard, Martin, Hibberd, Barlow and Cox

ossie85

Andrew Walker I thought deserved a spot.

Johnson unlucky.

Rockliff too inconsistent

Goddard, nah

Rance very unlucky

Martin unlucky

Hibberd unlucky

Barlow unlucky

Cox, not this year

.... but the 40 that made it all had good years

Ringo

Had to disagree with the great Oss but do not think Rockliff was any more inconsistent than Hanneberry and I should know about Hanners as he cost me in Worlds a few times.

Jroo

Quote from: ossie85 on September 03, 2013, 08:15:15 PM

Andrew Walker I thought deserved a spot.

Johnson unlucky.

Rockliff too inconsistent

Goddard, nah

Rance very unlucky

Martin unlucky

Hibberd unlucky

Barlow unlucky

Cox, not this year

.... but the 40 that made it all had good years
Not Buddy  :P
But yeah I agree with you, I think Hibberd and Walker should've been close to securing spots down back.

Justin Bieber

Can I ask? Did David Mindy have a good year?