Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

So the 40 man All-Australian Squad was released this afternoon as follows

Adelaide: Patrick Dangerfield, Richard Douglas
Brisbane: N/A
Carlton: N/A
Collingwood: Travis Cloke, Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan
Essendon: Jobe Watson
Fremantle: Nathan Fyfe, David Mundy, Chris Mayne, Michael Johnson, Michael Walters
Geelong: Corey Enright, Andrew Mackie, Joel Selwood, Steven Motlop, Harry Taylor
Gold Coast Suns: Gary Ablett
GWS Giants: Jeremy Cameron
Hawthorn: Lance Franklin, Josh Gibson, Luke Hodge, Sam Mitchell, Jarryd Roughead
Melbourne: N/A
North Melbourne: Todd Goldstein, Daniel Wells, Scott Thompson, Lindsay Thomas
Port Adelaide: Travis Boak, Chad Wingard
Richmond: N/A
St Kilda: Nick Riewoldt, Jack Steven
Sydney Swans: Daniel Hannebery, Kieran Jack, Josh Kennedy, Jarrad McVeigh, Nick Malceski
West Coast Eagles: Josh Kennedy, Eric Mackenzie
Western Bulldogs: Will Minson, Ryan Griffen

Don't know how people like Andrew Mackie and Michael Johnson get selected over Pearce Hanley and Michael Hibberd? Fairly good squad I think though.

SydneyRox

Glad to see Eski get some recognition for his great year, but not sure he will make the final cut. His last month hasnt been the best, will miss out to McVeigh

Rusty00

Without too much thought about it, Hanley and Hibberd seem the unluckiest to miss out although they both did have flat spots at times in the year. I think Michael Johnson is worthy of a spot in the 40 though.

KoopKicka

Are the AA selectors on crack? 6 Key Forwards? :o

Ricochet

Johnson has had an absolute ripper year. They have been saying he is in AA form for a while now.

Toga

Pretty poor effort IMO, some weird oversights.

BB67th

Yes Steve Johnson the other one definitely unlucky to miss.

Ricochet

I do find it strange that there are no Tigers boys, given they are a top 5 team

Ricochet

Quote from: BB67th on September 03, 2013, 05:41:56 PM
Yes Steve Johnson the other one definitely unlucky to miss.
I meant Michael

but agree with you on SJ

Vinny

Andrew Walker? :(

Or am I super bias, haha?

Toga

Steve Johnson, Andrew Walker, Michael Hibberd, Pearce Hanley, Alex Rance the unlucky ones in my book...

tbagrocks

Danger lucky tbh!

Chad the Boss Wingard, maybe lucky also but sheesh we was so good at times I backed him for the Charlie :o

Ricochet

had a laugh at this

7Sporf ‏@7_Sporf 7m
BREAKING: Josh Bootsma is considering legal action against the AFL, after he was not selected in the All Australian Squad #AFL

Ringo

Another glaring omission is probably the form defender of the year Brendan Goddard

Ricochet