Main Menu

Nic Nat V Grundy.Who is better.

Started by anchorman, September 02, 2013, 07:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorman

After watching Colligwood play a few games of late,I have to say I am very impressed by their bigman Brodie Grundy.
I am interested in others opinion about who is better Grundy or Nic Nat.
If I had to make a choice right now it would be Grundy.I think he has more upside to him than Nic NAt.
Grundy seems like a more finished and polished player than Nic right now.
I think Nic Nat has the excitement factor but is still trying to learn the game.I think Grundy has the ability to read the play far far better than Nic Nat.
What do others think and for what reasons.Be interesting to hear others thoughts.

PowerBug

I reckon Nic Nat has been overhyped. He has shown freakish stuff, but I haven't really been impressed by his career so far. I still believe he'll turn into an amazing player, but he hasn't been too outstanding for mine so far.

Grundy has made a very good impact at Collingwood, however I believe it's too early to judge him, a lot of players have good rookie seasons but don't go on. If Grundy can hold his spot through finals and Collingwood go well because of it I'll be very impressed.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

anchorman

Quote from: PowerBug on September 02, 2013, 08:10:09 PM
I reckon Nic Nat has been overhyped. He has shown freakish stuff, but I haven't really been impressed by his career so far. I still believe he'll turn into an amazing player, but he hasn't been too outstanding for mine so far.

Grundy has made a very good impact at Collingwood, however I believe it's too early to judge him, a lot of players have good rookie seasons but don't go on. If Grundy can hold his spot through finals and Collingwood go well because of it I'll be very impressed.
Be prepared to be very impressed.

valkorum

Very hard to judge the 2 considering NicNat has played 80odd games and Grundy has played so few (5 maybe).  I think everyone knows my views on NicNat.

quinny88

Nic nat is a street ahead at this stage. They can't be compared. People need to take Nicnat for what he is.. A ruckman. He is the most athletic ruckman in the comp, beautiful contested mark and wins nearly every hit out. He will be even better when cox retires.

elephants

Agree with Quinny but I see them being two very different ruckman.

Grundy in the mould of Cox, Nic Nat is something else.

Grundy is a worker, will read the play, cover the ground well.

Nic Nat will do amazing things, inspire teammates, bring in the crowds.

They're very very hard to compare and everyone will have an opinion one way or the other but the thing we can all agree on is the fact that in twenty years time we can look back and say we have seen two incredible ruckman in their prime.

Vinny

Yeah as the boys said NicNat and Grundy cannot be compared.

Naitanui has done some amazing things so far and is super atheltic.

Grundy has showed very good promise.

In a year or two, I could give a better answer. But we know both will be freaks as the future of ruck at their respected clubs. :)

Jukes

Why can't we like both?

If I could only have one I'd go with Grundy, NicNat too inconsistent.

Nic >>>>> Grundy at SC though.

My Chumps

Hard to judge Grundy on half a season! He has shown a lot of promise though.

If I had to take one it'd be Nic Nat every day of the week.

AFEV

By the end of their careers I think Grundy will have had the better career.

Problem for Nic Nat is that his athleticism won't last, we're already starting to see it, nobody has a body that can sustain that gamestyle in that position.

Master Q

Quote from: Sid on September 07, 2013, 10:03:09 AM
By the end of their careers I think Grundy will have had the better career.

Problem for Nic Nat is that his athleticism won't last, we're already starting to see it, nobody has a body that can sustain that gamestyle in that position.
That's a very good point; I've never thought about that...