Main Menu

Buddy Report

Started by Ricochet, September 02, 2013, 04:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

SydneyRox

2 weeks, but 1 week with early plea.

Dont see it was worth 3, could maybe have got off. Wasnt all that bad a hit, but since he copped him in the head was always going to be in trouble

Ringo

"Lance Franklin, Hawthorn, has been charged with a level two engaging in rough conduct offence (225 demerit points, two match sanction), for engaging in rough conduct against Nick Malceski, Sydney Swans, during the second quarter of the Round 23 match between Hawthorn and the Sydney Swans, played at ANZ Stadium on Friday August 30, 2013."

How can this be the charge when most others we have seen have been carless or reckless with more severe penalties.  Well done MRP you are keeping up your reputation for inconsistency,

Capper

So he misses a week and has 68.75 points left over. what if he comes back and knocks someone else? season over buddy!!

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ringo on September 02, 2013, 05:17:05 PM
"Lance Franklin, Hawthorn, has been charged with a level two engaging in rough conduct offence (225 demerit points, two match sanction), for engaging in rough conduct against Nick Malceski, Sydney Swans, during the second quarter of the Round 23 match between Hawthorn and the Sydney Swans, played at ANZ Stadium on Friday August 30, 2013."

How can this be the charge when most others we have seen have been carless or reckless with more severe penalties.  Well done MRP you are keeping up your reputation for inconsistency,

Cmon mate he barely touched him, he pretty much stopped before making contact, Feet on the ground. Hardly his fault Malceski cant stand up straight when kicking a football.

tbagrocks

Easiest decision ever for Buddy! Accept it before the AFL realize what a mistake they made!

Shoulda got 4 imo! Hey the bag is crazy but, they showed all the bumps he does and the message is not getting through! That one was so late also!

Rusty00

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (seems fair as his feet didn't leave the ground and the only reason high contact was made is because Buddy is taller than Malceski), medium impact (fair argument that it could have been graded as low impact seeing that Malceski had no lingering affects), and high contact. Buddy also had a recent clean record and no carry over points.

Just because people don't agree with the points system or previous MRP suspensions, doesn't mean that this one is wrong  :P

henry

I am annoyed at how the mrp has tried to erradicate the bump, one of the great parts of footy that makes it unique. Therefore I like the 1 week.

However, for consistency's sake I was fearing it would be 2-3 after seeing it love and then many times replayed, let's face it was very late. The only thing that would have saved him is that malceski suffered no ill effects, that's the main difference in ziebell's hartletts etc if he had been concussed or something buddy would have been in real trouble.

I'm getting annoyed at all the people who are pathetically complaining especially on fb that the hawks get an easy run from the mrp, despite the inconsistency it is ridiculous to suggest they are favouring a team/teams.

Hopefully we win this week, then get buddy back for the prelim. We've performed well without him this season, hopefully we can do it again!

Mailman the 2nd

Bit less force than Hartlett and Ziebell's bump.

I'm just glad the MRP actually made the right decision