Demetriou hits out at WA Football Commission over rugby match

Started by LF, September 02, 2013, 02:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-02/they-should-know-better

AFL CHIEF executive Andrew Demetriou says the West Australian Football Commission should have known better than to allow a rugby Test to be scheduled "smack bang in the middle" of the AFL finals series.

On Sunday, Collingwood president Eddie McGuire described the decision to allow a clash between Australia and Argentina to be played on Saturday, September 14 at Patersons Stadium as an "act of treachery".

I really think he is just saying this to take the talk away from the Simmond stadium talk but yeah it is a bit stupid of them

Cicjose

the AFL does not and should not control the other sporting codes in this country no matter how hard they try

Master Q

Quote from: Cicjose on September 02, 2013, 02:58:28 PM
the AFL does not and should not control the other sporting codes in this country no matter how hard they try
Yeah but to play it on a Saturday at the only ground Fremantle will play at it pretty stupid.

Ziplock

it was definitely poor planning, but as cic says, not their problem.

Rusty00

Quote from: Ziplock on September 02, 2013, 09:08:29 PM
it was definitely poor planning, but as cic says, not their problem.
Maybe it is their problem. Maybe the AFL are trying to screw Freo over as payback to the WA Football Commission for scheduling the Wallabies game.

Cue "it's a conspiracy" photo  ;)

Wes Mantooth

Exactly. Big cry baby Eddie has had a cry and Andrew is following suit. Meh, the AFL is pathetic.

j959

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on September 03, 2013, 12:55:14 AM

Exactly. Big cry baby Eddie has had a cry and Andrew is following suit. Meh, the AFL is pathetic.
it's a business and it's fine to chase the money, but don't so be flowering sanctimonious about it ... call a spade a spade and be done with it.   >:(

sorry, this isn't quite on topic but the BS from the AFL really sh*ts me to tears!

i don't see any problem with Geelong earning the right to a home final but if they were playing Collingwood, Richmond or Hawthorn there is no way the AFL would have put that at Simonds over the MCG.

so I take it Geelong have earned the right to another home final at Simonds this w/end? no, cos the other final is in Sydney so you have to have a game at the MCG.   ;)

fidou

I think it was just karma that in the end it really does not matter. If Eddie had shut his mouth maybe the woods may have won. Eddie was winging before the game and they lost and freo won. End of story as the game played in heaven is going ahead as scheduled.

j959

Quote from: fidou on September 09, 2013, 04:58:12 PM
I think it was just karma that in the end it really does not matter. If Eddie had shut his mouth maybe the woods may have won. Eddie was winging before the game and they lost and freo won. End of story as the game played in heaven is going ahead as scheduled.
Eddie got ahead of himself didn't he?  ;)